Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Documents don't always check back in from "edit" function?

Valued Contributor

Documents don't always check back in from "edit" function?

In "HP TRIM Software Help > Chapter 5 - Maintaining records > Records shortcut menu > Edit" of Trim's compiled help, it indicates that when a document is saved after being opened via right clicking on a record and selecting edit, it is automatically checked back in.  Previously, the check-in generally happened silently when the file was closed.  However now (in version 7.1), some of the users have noticed that when they close the file, they are sometimes given a prompt saying "The following documents are no longer in use by the authoring application and seem to be candidates to Check IN to HP TRIM.  You should confirm that it is ok to do so by either Checking in all or just the tagged documents."

Was the old behavior altered to work in this manner?  Is it indicative of a problem?  A configurable setting?

4 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Documents don't always check back in from "edit" function?

I think this is part of an improvement to make the automatic check-in more reliable.

There was an issue in 6.2 where if you clicked the close button, but then canceled when asked to save, (e.g. keep editing), TRIM would check in the file and you would lose the new changes.

This might be a new method to better capture the real 'close' event so that TRIM only checks in when it's supposed to.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Valued Contributor

I might have missed it, but I couldn't find where this change was mentioned in the documentation, so it came as a surprise.

Valued Contributor

For the time being, it happens to be occuring mostly or just for Word documents (ie. since Word stays open for use with Outlook), would this message be expected to appear consistently for edited Word documents?

Honored Contributor

I have seen it appear in some cases and not others.

I'm not exactly sure how the behaviour is programmed, but in any case it is there to stop unintended check-in of documents.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event