Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Drag and Drop from Windows to HPRM Interface or DropZone - Container behaviour

Occasional Advisor

Drag and Drop from Windows to HPRM Interface or DropZone - Container behaviour

My organisation utilises a HPRM 8.1 environment which is configured with 4 container levels. Documents can sit at any level, however, we have found that staff are unable to drag and drop documents from shared/local drives into the top 3 container levels, even when ensuring these upper level container record types are exposed via the DropZone interace.

I have examined the record type settings for the one container that does accept drag and drop documents but I'm unable to see any difference whatsoever between it, and the 3 additional containers.

Wondering if anyone has any tips on where such an option would be enabled/configured?

1 REPLY
HPE Expert

Re: Drag and Drop from Windows to HPRM Interface or DropZone - Container behaviour

Does drag and drop work inside the client? Also try enclosing the record in the container from right mouse click > locations > container screen.

An easy place to start is to right mouse click the container and choose security and then view rights. If there are any restrictions at a user permission it should display the problem.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**