Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dreaded Outlook Trim Toolbar

Regular Advisor

Dreaded Outlook Trim Toolbar

I know this has been brought up numerous times before, but alas I have a new spin on it.  We have issues where the Trim Toolbar in Outlook (2003 & 2007) seems to disappear.  However for you to reinstate the toolbar the user needs to be a local administrator of their PC.  If not you can browse to the Outlook add-in, but no matter how many times you select it, it will not load the add-in back in if you're not a local admin.

Is there a solution to adding the Trim Outlook toolbar back without having to be a local administrator?

4 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: Dreaded Outlook Trim Toolbar

Is it in the Outlook disabled items when it disappears?

This is found by going to Help - Disabled Items (or Help - About - Disabled Items in Outlook 2003). You just need to highlight the TRIM add-in, slect Enable then OK until you get back to the Outlook, close and reopen Outlook.

I don't think there's ever been a permanent solution for the toolbar dropping off occassionally however.

Regular Advisor

Yes the add-in is still there, however the checkbox is unchecked and 9 times out of 10 if you check the check box it doesn't enable the Trim add-in.  Sometimes removing the add-in all together and re-adding the .dll back fixes it, but this only works if you are a local administrator of the computer.

HPE Expert

What version of TRIM are you talking about here?

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Regular Advisor

The Trim version I am talking about is 6R2 SP4 1240.  However I have seen it with SP3 and I'm sure earlier builds as well.  I haven't experienced this issue yet with SP5, however there is another issue I want sorted first before I do any further serious testing with SP5.