Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error saving to Offline Records via Windows Shell integration

Occasional Contributor

Error saving to Offline Records via Windows Shell integration

Hi all,

We're in the process of testing TRIM 6.2.5 (Build 1300 - see attachment) with Windows 7 and Office 2007.  Whenever we try to save a document into the Windows shell extension, we receive a message saying "<document name> Not Implemented". 

Also, the Offline Records folder doesn't display the TRIM icon. 

The Offline Records folder isn't created until we check a document out, but once this occurs, it works as expected with checking documents in and out. 

Has anyone come across this before?

Regards

Nicole

5 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: Error saving to Offline Records via Windows Shell integration

Pretty sure the Offline Records Shell Extension isn't supported on Windows 7, so you'll probably be stuck with any limitations you find.

From 6.2.5.1300 TRIMInstall.pdf:

Offline Records Shell Extension

- requires Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003.

From 6.2.5.1300 TRIMSpec.pdf:

Windows Explorer shell extension is not supported by HP TRIM under Microsoft Vista

(I assume they just haven't updated this yet to specifically state Windows 7.)

Neil

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
HPE Expert

A change request is in the system to have the documentation updated to indicate that the offline records shell extension is not supported by HP TRIM under Windows 7.

Change request ID QCCR2D38524

Neil

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

Occasional Contributor

HP have now listed this issue as something to be fixed in a future release (CRID 35303).

Thankyou for the heads up re the documentation change request.    I now have a much clearer picture of where we stand with this.

Cheers

Nicole

There are no current plans to introduce Vista or Windows 7 support for the existing TRIM Explorer Shell Extension in any future release of HP TRIM

HP TRIM Product Manager

K.

HPE Expert

For clarification's sake:

CRID 35303 was raised to initiate the process of formally considering whether the shell extension should be supported in Windows Vista or later. This CR was closed and CRID 38524 was created to initiate the process of formally documenting that the shell extension will not be supported in Windows Vista or later.

Neil

Neil