Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Failed Trim 7.10 install

Frequent Advisor

Failed Trim 7.10 install

I just tried to install Trim 7.1 onto another Windows 7 SP1 32bit client PC and when running through the install it fails with this error message;

Internal Error 2753.

TRIMworkgroupDCOMProxy.exe 4A42DE65_71DD_4970_9E20_AC69399F44A1

Can anyone either replicate this error and/or tell me what is the cause of this error and how to prevent this?

8 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Failed Trim 7.10 install

Havn't seen this error installing on the same setup.

Have you tried the installation again?

Did you run the install 'As Administrator'?

Are you trying to install server components?

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Honored Contributor

I too haven't seen that msg and I installed 7.1 yesterday, both workgroup and client.  I would uninstall and try it again.  Also, maybe uninstall your previous version of TRIM first.

Regular Advisor

Have you tried the installation again?

Yes. I have tried the installation a couple of times.

Did you run the install 'As Administrator'?

Yes. The user is a member of the local administrators group

Are you trying to install server components?

No.  Server components are not being installed.

Valued Contributor

Newer versions of Windows downgrade local administrator's access, which actually may necessitate you right clicking an executable and opting to run it as administrator in order to really have admin privileges during the installation.  You can find out if this is in effect by launching a command window normally.  If the title bar doesn't say you're running as administrator, then you'll know this security mechanism is in effect.

Frequent Advisor

Problem resolved.  The issue was the user was trying to install 64bit Trim on a 64 bit Windows 7 which had Office 2010 32bit installed.

After uninstalling Office and installing the 64bit version and reinstalling Trim fixed this.

Honored Contributor

Awesome, thanks for the update.

Definitely one I think we'll see more often since the 64bit client is now available.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Super Advisor

Thanks for the heads up will keep my eyes open for that error at client sites... Just one more thing I wont have to troubleshoot myself :smileywink:

Not a bug guys, but by design.

If you intend to use the 32 bit office application (as generally recommended by Microsoft) then you install the 32 bit version of TRIM (regardless of bitedness of the OS, 32 bit TRIM client is supported on 64 bit OS, as per TRIM spec)

If you require 64 bit office (ie you need to use HUGE pivot tables in excel) then you use the 64 TRIM client with 64 bit office.

Not very clearly spelt out in the doco, so I'll ask for that to be cleaer, but it does give indications of this in a number of places thru TRIMSpec and TRIMInstall.

Good luck all.

K.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event