Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Few smal issues/questions for HP TRIM 7.3.4 users

Valued Contributor

Few smal issues/questions for HP TRIM 7.3.4 users

HP TRIM 7.3.4 5739 Client / Server, WIndows 7, MS Office 2010, SQL 2008-R2 ...
Currently getting familiar with RM 8.1 (Already tested RM 8.0)

Hi all: (long time not see you... came back from Europe Holiday) 

A few issues for those who had knowledge and time and patience :

(besides this, our TRIM is functioning fantastically in every way)

First: The real purpose of the \\ABCsrv99\trim$\PendingQuarantine folder ?

We had an electronic document e-mail stack in this remote server WGS pending folder, (e.g. TRIM number was there in TRIM, but no electronic document attached to it) ...

So we found the email with DOS filename in this folder .... 

The document is copied to a trim store... original is still in "\\ABCsrv99\trim$\PendingQuarantine folder "

Second: What is the practise in your company/department regarding deletion of the History events logs?
we had logs from year 2000 onwards....

so, what about legal issues, state records office issues, records officer's usage

of these, and everything else?

It has been suggested that we delete all logs but up to 2 years old .... other

suggested do not touch it or delete older than 7 years..
How they are jamming the system? Only when doing deletion of the location?

(Bay the way, we deleted all WGS service logs older than a week.. ( Log and DMP files from all WGS servers)

And the big question:
How to solve this:
New record type has been made (container is compulsory) with; title, file, date created, issue , issue

solution (proper Notes field-page) and few more..
Automatic workflow action is setup so tha actioners can update Notes field (Solution field)
But they are also able to update title, and other text fields when right click - properties: (choosing drop

menu items) etc. which is what we do not want.

What we can do to not allow other users to modify them...

e.g. when members of one section create this metadata only document in TRIM and set a workflow, others should

be able to update only one filed on the record type (document) which is proper page/tab called Notes field

Settings for default access control are : Not Reference, not copied ( for 1-4, and 7)

One other suggestion was to have another large text field similar to Title or Notes field, but then we would

not have that TIME DATE stamp.. So is it possible to solve this?

------------

Another one:

TRIM Can “Electronically Shred” documents that are deleted; How to turn that feature on?
Whilst we do not Delete Corporate Documents we do however permit Personal Documents to be deleted.
 Are they completely deleted?
in other words a Personal Document Deleted from the system is it “Electronically Shredded or just removed

from the indexes?”

fifth/:
activity log pane still showing diagnostic , how to get rid of this?

Just remembered now that we do have one issue and that is with searching in Title word... every time we

search for one specific complex expression such us " C10-15 Technical Query " or " City project bridge " the

TRIM will think/search for a 2-3 minutes and then display thos 5-6 search matches....

If we do search separatelly for these items, the search is instant ....
How to overcome this issue as well as others?

Thanks

RM 8.1.

(my views only) here - nothing to do with my company/departments

5 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: Few smal issues/questions for HP TRIM 7.3.4 users

1. Not too sure about the PendingQuarantine folder. I'll see if i can find out.

2. There is no real reason to keep the event logs for 7 years, especially if you are keeping a detailed Audit log. Event logs are best used for troubleshooting errors with the event server. 1 year would be plenty. If you do decide to keep them you could just zip them up and save them into TRIM.

3. You could remove the modify record permission and tick the following box on the record type. 

4. It's under Miscellaneous security options. Jump onto the helpfile and search for 

Miscellaneous security options, it has the details under there.

5. If you want to turn the activity log pane off, right mouse click and disable logging.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

1. still unsolved :-)

2. Thanks , for events log, some Records Officers are saying that they are very useful for tracing the "lost" physical copies of the corporate files.... But we will most likely delete the logs older than 2 years ...

3. Did not work... Permissions removed and all check boxes were ticked off and on (all combinations, no success) Do you have this working somewhere? Some fields/metadata to be updatable, some not? E.g. Title must be not updateable by people who are executing the workflow..they should be only able to update the Notes field...how to achieve this?

4. Thanks, I will investiagte.

5. No, we would like to have logging ON, but without that word Diagnostic ... e.g.

Diagnostic : 4 : 1/8/2014 at 4:36 AM (GMT+01:00) 95ms : RECdataEntrySheet::saveRecord() - done   ..we do not want this

No answer on C10-15 Technical Query " or " City project bridge " the

TRIM will think/search for a 2-3 minutes and then display thos 5-6 search matches.... ?

Regards

HPE Expert

1. Still looking into it

3. That fix will only apply to new records, is that how you are testing?

5. I am not following you on this one, you will need to provide more detailed information

6. didn't realise there was a 6, again some detailed info here would help.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Valued Contributor

3: Yes, new records, but no success..

5: Diagnostic log is showing in the log and it a bit annoying...

issue with searching for documents (in Title word)

... every time we search for one specific complex expression such us " C10-15 Technical Query " or " City project bridge " the TRIM will think/search for a 2-3 minutes and then display maybe 5-6 search matches (correct, but slow)

If we do search separatelly for these items, the search is instant .... e.g. c10-15 search will show instantly matches

Tecnical Query as well, instant results.. however, when combined, as " c10-15 technical query" the search is slow... in some cases some WGS are not returning results and stopped TRIM...

I was getting a hint from HP person that this is in relation with URI numbers of search and something as "proxy server" where searches or results are kept .. so then search is actually searching thse as well as some sort of cache folder or something ... that is why is it slow..

Correct or?
How to overcome this issue as well as others?

HPE Expert

When it comes to slow searching I normally head to the DB an ensure that there is a proper maintenance plan in place and also check that the statistics are running at 100%.

You can also look into tuning the DB so that certain searches will be returned faster.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event