Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

File Type catalogue restriction?

Advisor

File Type catalogue restriction?

Hello,

Have there been any recent developments in the ability to restrict certain file types from being stored into TRIM? I've searched the board, but only found threads from 2008/09.

ZIP, Exe, and database files are the major bugbears we have.

I've played around with the settings in Dropped folders, but it did not appear to affect anything - ticked or not I was still able to drag and drop exe files.

If anyone has been able to do this by another means, could you please let me know how you did it?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: File Type catalogue restriction?

The only way to prevent this is to create an addin and do your extension validations there.

Although people are smart enough to rename the extension to get the file into TRIM anyway.

Performing checks on file contents is not what you want for all file types however, because Office documents are contained in zip-files these days.

We've done a similar thing to prevent documents from entering TRIM as described here.

However this won't work for the WebClient, because there is no workaround to get addins working for it.

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by DXC Technology.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
DXC Technology
Advisor

Re: File Type catalogue restriction?

Thanks the response.

I was hoping that perhaps the Outlook AddIn itself might have had this functionality coded in at this stage.

We'll have to explore other options.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event