Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Get Global on HPTRIM 7.0.2 & ODMA Integrations

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Valued Contributor

Get Global on HPTRIM 7.0.2 & ODMA Integrations

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how to deploy global settings upon client installations on HPTRIM 7.0.2? I can see that this version allows me to save global settings but we need our users to obtain them upon client installation without having to go to the TRIM Interface > Tools > Options > Get Global.

Also, I noticed that ODMA integration is not saved as part of the global settings. Does this mean that we need to utilise the script to set automatic ODMA integrations?

Your assistance is much appreciated.

Viva Sandino!

6 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: Get Global on HPTRIM 7.0.2 & ODMA Integrations

Viva,

"Auto Get Global" was removed from TRIM 7. You do have the option to submit an Enhancement request to have the feature added back.

RE: ODMA – the TRIM help file states that ODMA settings are not propagated using "Get Global".

Settings which are not set:

HP TRIM Desktop Add-Ins dialogue box

Integrate HP TRIM with all ODMA-compliant applications

Use ODMA directly with HP TRIM

Allow access to Windows File Open and Save dialogues

Integrate HP TRIM with Microsoft Outlook

Integrate HP TRIM with Microsoft Project

Integrate HP TRIM with Novell GroupWise

Integrate HP TRIM with Microsoft Excel

Integrate HP TRIM Document Assembly with Microsoft Word

Thanks for your comments TMack. This is a major step backward. Additional weight is added to support teams to integrate and instruct users how to obtain get global settings. Our organisation, having 5000+ active users will definitely feel the effect of this change.

Is there anyone else having this concern?

Honored Contributor

Hi Viva,

Terry moy not be aware, but we raised this with R&D a while ago as the lack of Auto GetGlobal upon installation/first-run is definitely a vital feature. (Raised 1st Nov 2010)

It is currently with R&D under CR (Change Request): 40445

I did not notice the change to the integration global settings though, so I'll will look into this further as well!

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Valued Contributor

Hi Grundy,

Thanks for giving us a sign of relief. We were discussing change management impact on not having automatic get global + ODMA integration set through global settings. I hope we can have this feature reinstated in 7.1.x.

Cheers,

Viva Sandino!

Honored Contributor

Viva-Sandino wrote: I hope we can have this feature reinstated in 7.1.x.

I have been pushing for this, but I'm not sure how R&D have planned to return this feature.

You're not the only site that has raised alarms over this too!

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Honored Contributor

Ok, on the integration not deploying in Global Settings.

This has actually been the case since 6.2.0, maybe 6.1.

Office integration with Word, (ODMA) was always deployed via Global Settings/MSI Installation, but the other integrations did not deploy, such as Novell Groupwise integration, Lotus etc...

In HP TRIM 7, Word (ODMA) and Mail integration should still be enabled via the msi installation, but the others are now individual items that are not deployed and need to be set via a different method. (They were never deployed before anyway, they are just now in a different place in the Client interface so that there is less confusion over what Global Settings will send to users)

R&D have the following reasoning:

Integrate with Project cannot be set by Group Policy deployment
Integrate with Outlook can be set by Group Policy Deployment
Integrate with Groupwise can be set by Group Policy
Integrate with Excel turns on once the excel.msi has been run.
Mail Integrations are set during the msi install or via Group Policy Deployment, they are not set in Global Settings

The above options can still be set globally for all users, but not via the built-in Global Settings.

So when you implement HP TRIM 7.X, make sure the required Word/ODMA/Mail integration is enabled in the MSI installation.

If you have a requirement for Excel for example, then you would need to deploy the Excel integration MSI via Group Policy, which has always been the case.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au