Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Go to last record in list

Occasional Contributor

Go to last record in list

Is there a quick key to go to the last record in a list when using TRIM 6.2.5? When I retrieve a large number of records in a search, I typically keep clicking in the vertical scroll bar to go farther down the list. There doesn't seem to be an obvious way to go to the last record.

3 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Go to last record in list

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but the search actually only returns up to 200 records at a time, thus why you see when you pull down the scroll bar and "think" you're at the end, you see the scroll bar jump up a bit.  It adds another 200 records, etc, etc, etc.

One way to jump to the end, though may take a little while, is to click on the column name of Record Number - that will re-sort the list in asending Record Number order, then if you click on the Record Number column name again - that will re-sort the list in descending order.  (or pick whatever column name you wish to sort on).

Trusted Contributor

Perhaps set your search results configuration to sort in Descending order.

Search > Find Records > Sort Tab

A slightly quicker way is to right-click on a column header (e.g. record number) and choose Sort Descending. Avoids doing two sorts.

TRIMGuru wrote:

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but the search actually only returns up to 200 records at a time, thus why you see when you pull down the scroll bar and "think" you're at the end, you see the scroll bar jump up a bit.  It adds another 200 records, etc, etc, etc.

One way to jump to the end, though may take a little while, is to click on the column name of Record Number - that will re-sort the list in asending Record Number order, then if you click on the Record Number column name again - that will re-sort the list in descending order.  (or pick whatever column name you wish to sort on).

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/