Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HP RM 8.1 Searching for Additional field types

Regular Advisor

HP RM 8.1 Searching for Additional field types

Good day all,

I have another anomoly, a user is searching for an additional field called Media type. There is stock media type as well. I double checked to make sure he is using the additional Media type, versus stock property.  He cannot bring any results. He is an Admin over his data set. I also have the same permissions. After some tweaking, I was able to find all the records with say a Umatic media type. I have cheched all of the search methods, its set to Document Content. All of the setting are identical. I checked all of the Admin menus, but to no available. Any thoughts as to what I may have missed checking off.

2 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: HP RM 8.1 Searching for Additional field types

Not sure what document content has to do with your question?

Use a string search and enter "MediaType:*".  The stock property search would be "media:*".  Does he get any results that way?

Regular Advisor

Re: HP RM 8.1 Searching for Additional field types

EWill,

Document content probably has nothing to do with it. I wanted to provide some information. We don't have any media under stock property in this dataset. He elected to create an additional field, because the stock property was limited .  I attempted to search and found nothing in this dataset. However when I try in the main dataset, I get hits back on Paper.