Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HP RM 8.11 Icon for "Add a request for a selected Record" .... issue?

Valued Contributor

HP RM 8.11 Icon for "Add a request for a selected Record" .... issue?

Hi,

Win 7, HP RM8.11.7760 , SQL 2012,

I am recreating the Global Settings manualy from HP TRIM 7.3.4 to HP RM8.11.7760;

Is it something different in the HP RM 8.11 Icon for "Add a request for a selected Record"?

If I use HP RM8.11.7760 for pointing towards the production server HP TRIM 7.3.4. then this icon works OK,

however, when i am pointing towards the test environment or development (where we have HP RM8.11 server backend) then this icon is greyed out..... I found out that the other icon " Create a new retreive, temporrary request for the selected request" does the exact job of this icon from HP TRIM 734...

Does this mean that my global settings and icon setup must be using this new icon now in HP RM8.11?

Regards

6 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: HP RM 8.11 Icon for "Add a request for a selected Record" .... issue?

the icon won't be active unless you are highlighted on a record that is assigned to another location.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hm, I just tested in the new Production system ( HP RM 8.11.7760 server) and it is still greyed out although the corporate file is assigned to a Joe Bloke..

Also confirmed with some other corp file....

Also, that new icon for "temporary retrival" is again fully functional (acting as the "old icon" request  this record"..)

Thanks

Advisor

I have found global settings and toolbar icons to be very flakey in 8.1.

I havent come across an icon not doing what it should but I have often seen the icon incorrectly display.

You dont have any permission issues against that record or record type with the account you are using?

Valued Contributor

Thanks,

I am using the Administrators login on each environment.. Testing, Production, Development...

So the access is not an issue here ....

If i do search for corporate files ever made, more than 15,000 corporate files appear in search results and when i scroll down few 1000's , the old "Add a request to a selected record" icon is greyed out on all of them 100%

On the contrary, the new icon"Create a new retreive - temporary" icon is not greyed out and has the all functions of the old one..

so perhaps, some coding got mixed up ?

Regards

HPE Expert

Just had a look in my environment. Looks like you are right, something it not functioning.

Can you log a support case and we can get R&D to investigate

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, good thanks.

Can't log the issue, very busy, the upgrade is happening next weekend, so lots of preps at the moment

but thanks

Cheers

P.S. these cudos not working again