Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HP RM8.1 Reports - Problem with Notes field

Valued Contributor

HP RM8.1 Reports - Problem with Notes field

Hi,

We have a report containing the Notes field which is set in Item Properties at height 5 and the Notes field is the last item in the Item Order list. However, when printing, 5 lines of the Notes field are printed on one page, then 5 lines on another page, and so on.

The only way to get all of the Notes to print on one page is to manually expand the height in Item Properties.  How do I get RM8.1 to expand automatically?

Thanks

Jack

8 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: HP RM8.1 Reports - Problem with Notes field

Reports won't auto adjust the fields. You will need to edit the template that the report comes from.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Valued Contributor

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the reply.

Perhaps I'm a bit slow, but I don't understand what you mean by 'edit the template that the report comes from'. I thought I was doing that in Report Designer. 

Jack

HPE Expert

Might be talking about the same thing.

If you are making changes to the template under the reports menu, then that is the right place. The changes unfortunately will not be made by TRIM. You need to manually do that, if you are making the changes but they are not sticking then that will be something we might need to investigate further.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Valued Contributor

Hi Greg,

In the Help section 'Report layout features' it states:

Notes field

Note: Text fields must be the last item in a band.

Their height must be greater than 1 line so that they can automatically increase vertically to display all the data in the field.

The height was originally set to 5 lines in Context 6.2 and all the Notes printed correctly on 1 page  but in RM8.1 the Notes are printed 5 lines on one page, 5 on another etc. I have now set the height to the maximum of 72 lines in RM8.1 and all the notes are printing on one page. However, shouldn't RM8.1 automatically increase vertically whenever the height is greater than 1 line?

Regards

Jack

HPE Expert

You might be on to something there, maybe the functionality has been changed - not for the better.

Might need to log a support case up so the guys can send it through to R&D for further investigation. 

Valued Contributor

Will do.

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers

Valued Contributor

We have also  encountered an issue with the report writer in HP RM 8.1 (both build 7275 and build 7517)

Our issue is with the Notes or Text additional fields. 

From the Help File, we should be able to have Notes or text fields on a report layout and have them expand vertically based on the amount of notes/text…provided that they are the last field on the page and in the item order list.  I’ve done this, but still can’t get the fields to expand.  

Dynamic items such as the Notes and Title fields will contract or expand - only if two or more lines are set out in the report layout automatically to accommodate varying text lengths.

These fields will also grow horizontally to accommodate data until they encounter the next field on the report.

Notes fields will expand and contract vertically and so must be the last listed item on the report.

Regards,

Tamara

Valued Contributor

Hi,

Just to let you know...

I raised a support case for this issue and was advised the following:

...I was able to replicate the reported issue and I have raised this with R&D.

The only workaround at this stage is as what you have already applied.

I will advise you of the Change Request details once it has been validated.

The wordaround is to set the height to 72 lines.

Cheers

Jack