Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HP RM8 - Recent Files and Recent Documents not updating

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Advisor

HP RM8 - Recent Files and Recent Documents not updating

Hi everyone again

Another funny question. We updated to RM8 build 3.0.9  mid September.

Strangely I didnt notice til now, the Shortcuts Tray "Recent" is not automatically updating with recent files and documents updated and created since....mid September. 

Is this a bug? Is it a server thing? We told IT about it, but if anyone has any suggestions or instructions I might be able to forward to our IT area?

thanks again all

9 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP RM8 - Recent Files and Recent Documents not updating

heya

Yep, this is a new 'feature' of 8.x.

I hated it for the first couple of weeks but now I think I'd actually prefer it. Just clicking on recent docs refreshes it but the auto refresh used to also cause me issues because it would sometimes happen right at the time I was clicking on a record. I assume this is why it was removed.

Cheers

Advisor

Hi again

clicking on the Recent files and Recent Documents doesnt refresh it.

I have no recent files or documents since mid September (Yet of course I have updated and created many)

thanks

gail

Trusted Contributor

So is your recent documents empty?

Or is it possible the more recent documents yoiu have edited are just further down the screen and it isn't sorting correctly?

It would be worthwhile checking the recent documents "limit" in system options - miscellaneous tab ...

Advisor

Recent documents has a limit of most recent 25. The latest date of these 25 documents is 16 September. It hasnt captured the many documents created AFTER 16 September to today. Same with Recent Files. Again limit of 25 most recent files created, and again, the date of the last "recent" file is 16 September. I have created files after 16 September that are not in the tray but can be found running a search.

Trusted Contributor

Very weird, can't say it is something I've seen before. Can you manually add records to the recent list (tag a few records and select Add To - Recent)? Can you add to your favourite records and work tray?

Advisor

Yes I can add to Recent Files and documents by tagging and sending to the trays. And can still add to favourites and work tray.

Was wondering if it is something to do with the server and IT would have to do something there?

Trusted Contributor

I'm not sure what IT could do...

If you can add them manually then something else weird is going on. I think you will need to log a call with HPE I'm afraid... 

I'd be interested to hear what the resolution ends up being.

Good luck!

Advisor

Our Consultant has got back to us about this issue. Below was the response:

Looks like a known issue unfortunately:

QCCR2D57054

When new documents and containers are created, the Recent Documents and My Containers Shortcuts are not being updated with these records

Workaround:

Manually add the new record (document or container) to the Recent Documents or My Containers shortcut.

At least can move on now to something else that needs fixing :-)

Valued Contributor

Hi.  Just for the record, it appears that this problem has been resolved in 3.0.9088 and above. 

--Carol