Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HP TRIM 7.3.1.5352 - Again, Zero bytes size documents can be saved into the TRIM Database

Frequent Advisor

HP TRIM 7.3.1.5352 - Again, Zero bytes size documents can be saved into the TRIM Database

Win 7, MS Office 2010, HP TRIM 7.3.1.5352 is the environment. (Testing)

Scenario:

MS Word document, empty one, 0 (Zero) bytes size from e.g. desktop of HP TRIM 7.1.1828 cannot be saved into the TRIM Database,,,,the TRIM error will pop-up stoping that of happening.

Before (in HP TRIM 71.1132 r 1150 it was possible to save 0 bytes size documents in TRIM. On a double click at the TRIM document number with MS Word icon there, the system will display the error saying that the document reach the end, etc, could not be found in the store... So, it was fixed in 7.1.1828

However, the same 0 bytes size document send from different machine (HP TRM 7.3.1 5352 ) to TRIM, will be registered without any issues... On a double click, as the KeyView is not funkcional, after 3 times , it will open the MS Word application with the empty document....

What is going on?

Anyone replicated the error?

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: HP TRIM 7.3.1.5352 - Again, Zero bytes size documents can be saved into the TRIM Database

This "feature" was reintroduced with 7.3.0+.

HPE Expert

Re: HP TRIM 7.3.1.5352 - Again, Zero bytes size documents can be saved into the TRIM Database

I'm struggling to find a record of where it was 'fixed' in 7.1.1.1828. What I did find was the following CR, which is touted for an upcoming release:

QCCR2D44671 Validate File Size on Registering a Document - file being stored in TRIM is > zero bytes

Now contrary to what the CR title suggests, the approach being taken is to allow zero-byte files to be saved to TRIM and opened from TRIM rather than presenting an error message when trying to open them. The reason is this is in line with standard Microsoft practices where applications like Word can happily open a zero byte document without error.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Frequent Advisor

Are there any benefits of that "new / old feature"?

Anyway, these sort of errors are not detected by regular TRIM DATA Integrity check...

Yet, the TRIM Error message is displayed when user double click on the document number (up to HP TRIM 7.1.1150 or so, not 7.1.1828)

We have the SQL script which tells us what documents do not have corresponding electronic documents in HP TRIM....