Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HP TRIM 7.3.4 5739 and Enterprise Studio 32Bit issue

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Valued Contributor

HP TRIM 7.3.4 5739 and Enterprise Studio 32Bit issue

Hi all,

Anyone have TRIM Enterprise Studio in 7.3.4. 5739 , 32 or 64 Bit issue?

Prod: Win 7, HP TRIM 7.3.3.5645, MS Office 2010, SQL 2008-R2

Test: Win 7, HP TRIM 7.3.4.5739, MS Office 2010, SQL 2008-R2

Can someone please tell me what is the story with TRIM Enterprise Studio and HP TRIM 7.3.4 5739 , 32Bit ?

Me and all other 2500 users are on 32Bit HP TRIm 7.3.4 5645 .. It's all good. All integration and TES is working fine (TES Version 7.1.2.1879)

On my testing machine, which is now on HP TRIM 7.3.4. 5739 , TES is not operational.

Meaning the 32bit TES Version 7.1.2.1879 when run  from the HP TRIM folder or from TES folder in there, produce the error as per attached screenshot.

In "desperation" I copied the TES folder (TRIM ENTERPRISE STUDIO and dll's) from 64Bit machine with HP TRIM 7.3.4 5739 64Bit Tried to Run as my local admin rights  user, run as the Administrator.....no success, different error pops up.

I am asking do we have 32Bit TES available in combination with HP TRIM 7.3.4?

I do not want to have 64 Bit TRIM installed as that would not replicate the user's environment

I do not want to have my HP TRIM 7.3.4. manually installed with option for TES included, as that would not replicate the user's environment either.

Not entirely sure how's things with RM8

Any advice on how to have 32Bit HP TRIM 7.3.4 5739 with 32Bit TES on my production and test machines?

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks

9 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: HP TRIM 7.3.4 5739 and Enterprise Studio 32Bit issue

[ Edited ]

This is an unsupported configuration for starters, and you shouldn't try mixing builds like this.

What back-end version are you running on the TRIM servers?

i.e. Why are you using 7.1.2 TES against 7.3.X? That doesn't make any sense at all since the TES acts like a client.

Old clients can't connect to newer servers and you definitely can't run an old TES against a locally different build.

It would be like trying to run the Microsoft Word 2007 word.exe on a machine with Office 2013 installed.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Valued Contributor

Thanks,

To me it is logical to have 32bit TES in 32Bit 7.3.4 environment...

Servers are same versions.. 7.3.3. for 7.3.3 client

and in test we have client 7.3.4. and Server 7.3.4.

How to resolve this situation to have functional TES in 32Bit 7.3.4 environment?

regards

Honored Contributor

For starters, you need a 7.3.4 TES if you are using a 7.3.4 client.

Secondly, it's still not supported, so if it doesn't work or you break anything, HP wont support you. :)

Ignroe the bit versions, 32bit, 64bit etc, if you install all the 32bit components on your client, including WG server/TES components, TES will work, the important bit is that they are the same build. e.g. 7.3.4 5739

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Valued Contributor

Thanks, still unclear :-)

For starters, you need a 7.3.4 TES if you are using a 7.3.4 client.  - We do have it, only 64Bit version I believe.

Secondly, it's still not supported, so if it doesn't work or you break anything, HP wont support you. :)

Not sure what you saying here, what combination is not supported?

Ignore the bit versions, 32bit, 64bit etc, if you install all the 32bit components on your client, including WG server/TES components, TES will work, the important bit is that they are the same build. e.g. 7.3.4 5739

So, I just need to have 32Bit TES of the same build, 7.3.4 5739 and it will work?

In my attachment, old TES 7.1. was working fine with 7.3.3.environment.

Regards

HPE Expert

Can you clarify, are you trying to install the WGS and the TES on a Windows 7 machine?

If so, try a Server 2008 machine

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Honored Contributor

There are both 32bit and 64bit versions of TES, you just need the 32bit TRIM installed to install it.

The unsupported combination I'm talking about is running a TES instance from your client machine.
The TES should only be accessed on the TRIM workgroup servers to avoid any config inconsistencies and potential to accidentally change the environment.

So yes, you just need a 32bit TES on your machine which is version 7.3.4 5739, if this is the same version of the client installed on your machine.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Valued Contributor

Greg, thanks,

I am not trying to install the WGS and the TES on a Windows 7 machine. WGS are at the Server, I am talking about my working WIN 7 PC machines, for Prod and for Test TRIM environment....

Grundy, thanks. i was under the impression that we only have 64bit of TES so that is why I was confused.

So, I should contact HP for TES version 7.3.4 5739 and 32bit.

I will try that and let you all know.

Just came back from lunch break.

Thanks

Honored Contributor

You don't need to contact HP for the 32bit TES, you will already have it on your TRIM installation media/ISO.

Your IT team should have a copy somewhere.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Problem solved!

I managed to find how to extract the TRIM Enterprise Studio 32Bit from the MSI package using DOS command. I placed TES in TRIM Enterprise Studio folder with other Dll's and it did not work.

Then I placed it into the normal HP TRIM folder and then it worked fine.

Thanks