Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HP TRIM 7.3 offline records and windows sync center

Esteemed Contributor

HP TRIM 7.3 offline records and windows sync center

Hello

Has HPE any advice to offer regarding locating offline records on an network drive where windows sync center is also installed? Particularly when offline status “always available” is configured.

This is the current configuration for our laptop users.

3 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: HP TRIM 7.3 offline records and windows sync center

Hi Josh,

HPE recommends the offline records be a local location rather than a network location. Haven't come across anyone experiencing issues with the sync center. Are you seeing any performance issues?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Esteemed Contributor

Only that in some case we think TRIM gets confused as to which is the path to the offline records. I think this occurs if sync center detects conflicts.

Sync center / windows may at times write to a local cache of the H drive if that version is considered the later version.

Problems are uncommon but have been noted.

I was curious if other customers have ever reported such issues.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi bumping this issue to see if others are coming across.

Maybe not many are using an offline records path in combination with windows sync center and folder redirection.

When viewing the offline records path in windows explorer the folder might be described as offline (needs sync). see attached. When this is shown we have found that TRIM might have troubles editing and saving.