Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HPTRIM 7.1 Build 1157 - Global settings not inheriting on windows 7 32bit platform!

Valued Contributor

HPTRIM 7.1 Build 1157 - Global settings not inheriting on windows 7 32bit platform!

Hi All, 

We are in the process of testing HPTRIM 7.1 Build  1157 with Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit. I came across an issue where the TRIM client is not receiving the global settings, which has been specifically customise to fit our business needs. I'm using a normal test account with end user rights in AD and TRIM Information Worker permissions.

The interesting thing is that the global settings seem to work on our existing Windows XP Sp3 SOE. 

Has anyone had any issues with obtaining global settings on Windows 7 32bit platform? 

Your comments will be greatly appreciated. 

7 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: HPTRIM 7.1 Build 1157 - Global settings not inheriting on windows 7 32bit platform!

Should work fine.

Make sure you are customising the global settings in a 7.1.0 client and are not using a mixed build environment. (Server and Clients all need to be 7.1.)

Also check if the user on the Windows 7 machine has the User Permission (Under Location > Profile) - Bypass loading global toolbars etc...

You might need to turn that permission off.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Valued Contributor

Re: HPTRIM 7.1 Build 1157 - Global settings not inheriting on windows 7 32bit platform!

Hi Grundy, 

Did try that. Different users logged into the workstation and they were unable to obtain the global settings. Global settings come across to xp soe's.

I also looked at the permission of the user and the option to bypass global settings is switched off. I believe we might have a bug here :-(

Frequent Advisor

Hi Yuri,

I just upgraded from TRIM 5 to TRIM 7.1 built 1132 and I got the same problem as yours. The Global Setting works fine in Windows XP SP3 platform (32bit) but not in Windows 7 Pro.

Last time I did have this problem with TRIM 6.2.4 where the Global Settings cannot be applied to normal users except those that belongs to Administrator group in TRIM Location. Somehow this problem has been solved in TRIM 6.2.5 (it is stated in the Release Notes).

I think for TRIM 7.1, this is considered as a bug for Windows 7 platform since I'm getting this problem too.

Honored Contributor

I have only used Win7 64bit, since 32bit was not Microsofts primary code base for the OS. (64bit was always more stable and reliable)

Unless you have very old hardware that can't run 64bit code, is there any reason why you chose 32bit Win7?

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Frequent Advisor

Hi Grundy,

Most of the users in any government agencies here are still using 32-bit. Only IT administrator or the server are using the 64-bit.
Frequent Advisor

I am in the process of upgrading TRIM 7.1 build 1132 site to 7.1 build 1157. This site also has a customised client settings. So far I haven't had any issues with Global settings on Win 7 32 bit or Win7 64 bit.

Try following and see what log messages you get.

• Turn on Workgroup server logging
  • Log on to Win 7 client and Click get global
  • In the workgroup server log file you should get few entries with DELETE command followed by INSERT command.

Regards,

Damitha Bogahawatta
Principal Consultant
Talent Consulting Services
Valued Contributor

Huzai wrote:
Hi Grundy,

Most of the users in any government agencies here are still using 32-bit. Only IT administrator or the server are using the 64-bit.

I don't know if that's accurate or not.  I work in a State government agency and we deploy 64 bit Windows computers to replace our older, dying computers.  However, the lack of access to a 64 bit TrimPort would be a compelling reason to use the 32 bit client.  In addition, there are some special cases where people use specialized software (ie. some versions of QuickBooks) that only integrate in 32 bit versions of Microsoft Office, which would require a 32 bit version of Trim for Trim to be able to integrate with.