Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How can we find in what HP TRIM version/build the document was made?

Frequent Advisor

How can we find in what HP TRIM version/build the document was made?

Win 7, HP TRIM 7.1.1828, Office 2010.

Hi,

we need to investigate one document on something and to solve that, we need to find out in which HP TRIM version / build that document was created.... Meaning, these days we had 3-4 builds upgrade since february , so something happened in may ...

How can we find this?

Anyone?

Regards

5 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: How can we find in what HP TRIM version/build the document was made?

Not really possible from a technical perspective. Best you could do is see who registered it and then manually inspect their machine.
Valued Contributor

If you happened to have WGS logging going, the log should give the exact machine name used to check in a document/record.  That may be a necessary step if you have common use computers in your organization.

Frequent Advisor

I know the network machine's properties, but I do not know what HP TRIM Build was there at that particular time, we changed few within the short period of time .... Is there any such metadata collected by the software and stored into the dataset or the indexing system, or anywhere?

HPE Expert

Any chance you've still got the TRIM workgroup service log on the server from the date the record was registered? That log would show the TRIM version that was on the server at the time. Only assumption then would be that the clients were the same version/build as the server at the time.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Frequent Advisor

Thanks, unfortunatelly, version/build and server were not the same at the time. And, to find a log a month ago would be a big task for IT :-) . Anyway, I found the information I was looking for, just by asking the people who were installing the builds at that department during that particular time.

Cheers

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event