Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Install TRIM Clients for win7 and winXP

Advisor

Install TRIM Clients for win7 and winXP

Are there separate HP TRIM clients installs for win7 and winXP ?

I had built applications under winxp, SP3 TRIM SDK 7.1.2 and they don't seem to work when these apps are deployed to windows7 environment ?

Do I need a separate TRIM SDK for windows7 or are they expected to work automatically under win7 with no change or with no compilation.

5 REPLIES
Super Advisor

Re: Install TRIM Clients for win7 and winXP

You may be dealing with 64bit PC's with the Windows 7 machines. Where all the WinXP ones will be 32bit. 

The sdk file may be located in a different place. Also the user directory will be in different places for the two environments. Apart from that they should be the same.

Advisor

We have installed 32bit TRIM client on win7 x64 OS,  Is there a problem with this architecture.

will the sdk location & user directory  location still vary ? anything else we need to look at or change from an environment perspective ?

Honored Contributor

There's no problem with that unless you need to handle something differently. Some 64bit integrations will require the 64bit version of TRIM. Though if you don't need that then what you've done is perfectly fine.
Super Advisor

There is no problem installing 32bit TRIM on 64bit OS..
Unless of course you have Office 64bit and wish to use the TRIM office integration.
HPE Expert

At a guess I would say that the bit version of TRIM and Windows might be a factor here.

If you are stuck on this one we can submit  a support case to our SDK team. 

Let me know if you want to go down this route.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**