Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Keyboard shortcuts missing in HP TRIM 7.32

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Esteemed Contributor [Founder]

Keyboard shortcuts missing in HP TRIM 7.32

Hi

After upgrading clients to TRIM 7.3 users cannot access the keyboard shortcuts.

Furthermore they cannot recreate these keyboard shortcuts.

I have never had to worry about keyboard shortcuts before. Anyone not what is going on?

Josh

4 REPLIES
Advisor

Re: Keyboard shortcuts missing in HP TRIM 7.32

Hi,

I've just upgraded a couple of clients to 7.32 5511 and have all the default shortcut keys. I haven't tested the 64 bit client but 32 bit appears to be working as expected. I am testing as Admin so maybe its an end user issue?

Regards

Meg

Frequent Advisor

I've found it pretty common for the keyboard shortcuts to fall off upgrading to various versions of 7.x. Doesn't seem to be a pattern as to which users are affected.

You need to do a "reset all" in the keyboard customise tab.

HPE Expert

[ Edited ]

This isn’t unique to 7.32. One fix is to use the “Reset all” button on the Customise – Keyboard tab in the TRIM client. 

This issue is because the previous value left behind in the user's HKCU registry hive from an earlier version of TRIM 7 isn't replaced with a new value when upgrading the client. If you want to push out a fix for all users, here's a couple of ways to update the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\WindowPlacement\Keyboard\Accelerators

1. Delete the "Accelerators" value from this key in the user's registry, e.g. via a login script. When the user next starts TRIM it will automatically recreate this value with the correct settings and the keyboard shortcuts will work.

2. Export the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\WindowPlacement\Keyboard" key from a user's machine after they've performed a "Reset all" and confirmed their shortcut keys are working, then use the exported key to replace the same key on all users' machines, e.g. via a login script.

Because the key is in HKCU, elevated privileges shouldn't be required to achieve this, which is why I recommend doing it via a login script.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/HPRM/HPE RM/HPE CM you're using in all posts)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor [Founder]

Thank you Neil