Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Look up sets created as text format

Occasional Advisor

Look up sets created as text format

Hi all

Currently using Records Manager 8.1

We have several look up sets that have been created as a text format.

One of our business groups has pointed out that whilst users can select multiple items from the look up set (which is needed) staff can also use this field as free text (which is not wanted).

Can anyone tell me if they have done anything in this area and been able to stop this or is this a feature of the program that an not be stopped.

Thanks in dvance

4 REPLIES
Advisor

Re: Look up sets created as text format

Hi,  

Can you pls provide a screenshots regarding the lookup sets in question here?

I will see if I can replicate what you are seeing.

Cheers

Oli

Honored Contributor

Yes, the String Field type validates but only allows a single value whereas the Text field allows multiple values but does not validate.

The only solution I see is to write a Record addin to valiate on save, this would require some programming.

I could potentially put together a sample if you are in a position to use a Record add-in?

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.1 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Occasional Advisor

Would validating the data then prevent users from putting in their own free text and force an error message to tell them they cannot do this?

Honored Contributor

I seem to not be getting email notifications otherwise I would have replied sooner.

Using an addin to validate would prevent the user from saving the record until the field passed validation.

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.1 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event