Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lost documents and search in HP TRIM for 0 bytes size documents

Frequent Advisor

Lost documents and search in HP TRIM for 0 bytes size documents

Hello again,

In this new version of HP TRIM 7.1.1157 I had a case of 11 missing documents (lost from the server dataset store). The documents have their file size displayed respectively, but still could not be found anywhere in the store or processing folder. All of them have been registered between 3:45 - 3:47 PM on a certain date. Where are they, how to find them?

The other question is about the possibility to search HP TRIM for documents with 0 bytes size, can it be done ?

Let say a search that will display all document created in 2011 with 0 bytes size. (Our database has few millions documents).

Note: These days, since HP TRIM v 7.* , the history event audit shows the event " Document attached from offline Records, etc etc" .... before, it was not the case, that line of event log was not there, meaning that user was trying to register a document with 0 bytes size... I found 20 documents with zero bytes size , all created within the last month.. HPTRIM is treating them as "lost", displaying that error message"could not be found in the store"....

Thanks

1 REPLY
Honored Contributor

Re: Lost documents and search in HP TRIM for 0 bytes size documents

probably wrong answers but

(I'm not sure if when you say "processing folder" you mean the cache one) but check the Workgroup servers cache folders if its having problems writing to the store it can leave the documents in that folder. At a late restort search the entire workgroup server for files with a creation date of that missing date.

If you use DFS to replicate the store from one server to another (a common DR solution) check the conflicted and deleted folder in the DFS on both servers.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event