Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

MS Outlook Sent Items and Checki in in HPE RM 8.3 Patch 1 (9088)

Valued Contributor

MS Outlook Sent Items and Checki in in HPE RM 8.3 Patch 1 (9088)

HPE RM 8.3.0 9088, MS Office 2010, or 2016 .. WIn 7 or Win 10 ... SQL 2012-R2

Records manager toolbar in MS Outlook Sent items - greyed out!!! ???

Hi,

This issue still remain unsolved from 8.2?

ID:QCCR2D57334 Status was updated to: Investigation Title: Outlook Integration - Sent Items Check-in Toolbar Greyed Out Products: records manager (trim) > 8.20 OS: Unspecified Created: Tue Jan 19 2016 00:00:00 GMT Last Updated: Thu Jan 21 2016 01:00:07 GMT

We are noticing that users in HPE RM 8.3 cannot check in the e-mails from their MS Outlook SENT items folder...

We need this fixed as soon as possible.

Regards

5 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: MS Outlook Sent Items and Checki in in HPE RM 8.3 Patch 1 (9088)

This one is a little difficult, the functionality was removed by request of a number of customers so was implemented in RM8. 

Since then sites like yourself have requested the ability to be returned so the compromise was to add a system option in an upcoming release which can toggle this option on or off:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR2D57334

There are no plans to implement this into 8.3

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Valued Contributor

Thanks.

Also, if we create another folder called e.g. "Sent Items" in the SENT ITEMS and move the mails there, then the integration works OK.

regards

Trusted Contributor

People requested that the functionality allowing a user to catalogue an email from their sent items be removed?!?!?!

I'm flabbergasted. Honestly, I can't think of a reason people might want this removed...nor why HPE might thing it a good idea...please enlighten me. :)

Note for others: drag and drop works - but gives a silly error message.

This really should be 'fixed' in a patch. 

Frequent Advisor

I'm in the same boat Strider_1, I would love to know why.

The amout of users that got confused by this "design feature" after we upgraded to RM8.2 was ridiculous.

~*~
Current Build: 9.0.3.353
Trusted Contributor

We also noticed that sent items are greyed out during our testing.   For us this in not a bad thing since we do not want to catalog every sent email.  We are using rules to move emails to various folders which are integrated with RM 8.

RD

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event