Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Multiple Contact Types

Regular Advisor

Multiple Contact Types

I have an issue where a user attempts to trim an email message and gets the following error.

"There is more than one contact of this type.  Cannot manage multiple contacts using this property"

The workaround is to forward the emails to himself this then allows the user to register the email in Trim.

Why is this occuring and how do you fix this?

6 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: Multiple Contact Types

Best guess is it's an issue with the e-mail add-in trying to automatically link the e-mail to its sender (author) in TRIM. Perhaps the sender is also in the list of CC's and you're using the system option to Convert all Recipients to Contacts for the Record?

Neil

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Regular Advisor

Neil,

Are you able to point me to the location in as to where the system option is to convert all recipients to contacts for the record?  I can't seem to find this option.

Cheers

Honored Contributor

In TRIM v7, it's in:

Tools==> HP TRIM Administration ==> System Options ==> Records tab

Occasional Visitor

Did you find a solution?

I'm interested as I am also having this problem.

And 'Convert all Recipients to Contacts for the Record'  in the Records tab of the TRIM Context System Options (we're on v6.2.4) is ticked.

Cheers,

Sandra Buttigieg

Coordinator Records Services

Fire & Emergency Services Authority of Western Australia

Super Advisor

I have opened a case #4628809114

This seems like it could be related to the creation of  locations of type Unknown also.

HPE Expert

It's possible that both an internal location and an unknown location share the same Outlook formatted email address.  Delete the unknown location and see if it disappears.  They may have been entered as an unknown first.  We have better management of unknown locations in later versions.

Otherwise, perhaps attempt to have the form popup when processing from email.  That way the location will most likely turn red, and you can clarify which location to use, and if necessary, remove the duplicate.