Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New HPE RM8.3 Patch 2 ( 8.3.0.9231) issues spotted while evaluating

Valued Contributor

New HPE RM8.3 Patch 2 ( 8.3.0.9231) issues spotted while evaluating

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I am back after the Europe Holiday :-)

Evaluating the newly released HPE RM 8.3 Patch 2 ( built 8.3.0.9231 ) in Win 10 , MS Office 2010 SQL 2012-R2 environment; Manually installed, not packaged by IT, in the DEV 8.3 Patch 2 environment. The main reason why we haven't done our upgrade to HPE RM8.3 P1 was the slow API Services search in the Patch 1. That is now fixed in this patch, so I just want to share some issues and potentially get some answers/advices.

(All our users are using the user type "Records Manager" with downgraded permissions) :

"HPE RM System options still not holding the “permission’s restrictions” as set in the System Options. Although the permissions are set in the System Options, the viewing the user profile shows more high level permissions. The HPE admits the case and recommends the “Profile of “Records Manager” to be made and used.

• Sent Items in MS Outlook have a greyed-out option for checking in e-mail from that folder;

• Interesting issues with the linked folders (existing ones) in my case, when we do click on MANAGE them, it shows that; not sure if it just an environmental issue or a memory issue,: Instead of linked folders, we have linked documents????

errorlinkedfodlers.jpg

• Saved searches improved as admin now can appoint new search owners ;  even the average user has the option to change the owner of the saved search…enhancement …. is this OK?

• Web drawer link in the bottom part of HPE RM Client: TRIM Administrators cannot double click on the web drawer link to open it -   when we copy link and place it in the internet explorer it opens up the document s without the issues, also Records Managers can open by double clicking ..

• Also, office integrations TEST in this environment : built in TEST in the a Client: it say ODMA integration error trying to register component in registry key , see the picture

noODMA.jpg

• Noticing that average user cannot hold / keep the default Dataset settings when PC restarted…? Admin users do not have this issue.

Recent documents: for some users, a sigma configuration files (Pictures in TRIM) appearing in the list as well, and not only the user’s docs but others??!!! could this be resolved by excluding these record types from the search for recent document then saving it as the global settings feature?

Not resolved bug:  the File request must be deleted once the corporate hard copy file is assigned to a requestor as it does not dissappear by it self.
Workflow actions - searches for Completed on TIME  are available in this built;  not listed in the available categories

Also, I must mention the HPE RM8.3P2 Client, the SETUP information tab where is the list of all options, some of them are very confusing even in the binary system options 000010101101001010111 ???

- We also want to switch to this: to bypass the trim key viewer for MS Office Applications by setting up the file extensions for DOCX, XLSX, XLSM, PPTX etc. to be open in the native MS Offline applications... What are your experiences on this (different devices, culture change etc.?)

I am also evaluating the CM9 on Surface Pro Win 10 and MS Office 2016 environment and I've noticed the differences in the HPE CM9 Add-Ins - have a look at the picture...... bit confusing... How can we create juts a normal link without the STYLE?

hprecontentmanageraddinsinmsoutlook.jpg

It would be much appreciated if someone explain / advice on these.

Thanks.

16 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: New HPE RM8.3 Patch 2 ( 8.3.0.9231) issues spotted while evaluating

Lots to take in from your post, I'll have to work my way through the list.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks,

please do.

P.S.

In regards to the issue with MS Outlook linked folders, that is strangelly hapening only to me; other testers are OK when pointing this HPE RM8.3P2 towards live HP RM8.1 production with MS Outlook, their linked fodlers appear OK.

I must say that I am using 3 different logins when connecting to HPE RM8.3P2 environment and I use only two different email accounts, (Lots of linked folders from 2-3 different accounts towards 7-8 different dev and tst environments) so it is possible that some URI numbers are "not cached"? and shows the URI number of the changed/updated database from production ... If you know what i mean ....

The biggest "small" issues are now :

use of "Profile of Records Manager" and issue with Saved searches for average users that cannot be added to a Favorite Searches....

Regards

Frequent Advisor

Hi PerthRM8 :)

I can answer a couple of your questions. We have deployed the HPRM 8.3.0.9231 (Patch 2) to over 250 of our users and we're about to deploy to another 900 or so in the new year.

Permission Restrictions - we havent experienced this. It works exactly as intended for us so I was curious to read this concern. I'll be following this thread to see updates on this one.

Sent Items - yes, we also cannot catalog emails from the Sent Items folder in Outlook anymore. This is is with Outlook 2013 and 2016. However, if you put a sub folder in the Sent Items folder, you can catalog emails (and link the folder to HPRM). I havent logged this one, I thought it was by design but yes, our users have mentioned (complained) about this too.

Linked folders - I cant help on this one sorry.

Saved Searches - yes, this is our experience and one we welcome. I submitted an enhancement request for this functionality to be available to end users because we have business practices here where one person in the workgroup will manage the requests coming in, create saved searches for the teams and then distribute those saved searches to the teams for them to use. It stops the creation of duplicate saved searches by each person.  I also submitted a service request regarding the "Add to Favourites" still being unavailable for users below Records Manager (QCCR2D59890).

Web Drawer - I cant help on this one sorry.

ODMA - yes, we get this error as well. I believe that in CM9.x the ODMA option and integration components were removed so it might be a precursor to that.

Default Dataset - we had this issue for a while but it was caused by our own group policy push. Once we amended that, the problem has stopped.

(skipping a few of your items as I cant help with them)

Skipping the TRIM viewer - we do this and have done so since TRIM 5.2x. Our users love that the documents open in their native authoring application rather than the viewer. We have added the bypass for all our standard environment applications (Office, PDF and Images). The thing you need to be aware of however is this - if you use HPRM Desktop client fo your users, when they open the document (double click), it opens in Edit mode by default. This can cause issues if the person doesnt close the document properly before closing HPRM (leaves the document checked out to them) which then causes all other users to receive the 'document is checked out, do you want to open to view' type message. This can result in a large number of checked out documents in the system with no way for the admin to know if they are genuinely being edited or if they are accidental. For this reason, with our next major rollout, we are deploying the HP Records Manager client not Desktop and forcing everyone to right click, edit when they wan to edit documents. This of course will catch some people out who are used to double clicking to edit so we'll need to do a comms campaign. All in all however, we find that using the native application is excellent.

CM9.1 is now available and Im about to upgrade my dev server and test it. I really liked CM9.0 (ignoring the few bugs/issues that are now fixed) .. but to answer your question about the check in styles - no, you cant check in without creating a style.  I havent tested it yet but Im not sure if a global style can be created and deployed to all users so they at least have one default to rely upon or if everyone will need to create a style before they can save emails. I'll need to test that one.

I hope some of these answers have helped or at least given you some more information.

Ilona
Adelaide, SA

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning from WA,

Thank you very much for clarifying all this; much appreciated.

In short, we will use a newly made "Profile of Records Manager" for some other reasons too;

Sent items: yes we know about the workaround solutions, Linked folders - resolved; Saved Searches, well, we will deal with the issues if/when they arise. Other items in my post are also either resolved or "dismissed" ;-) ....

In regards to viewers and Native Applications (MS Office) testers are confused with the fact that when they double clik on TRIM document to open it in MS Word, it does not display the message "Read Only" ... instead, it displays the Record Number together with a document's title ..... That is how we advise people unsure if they editing a TRIM document or just a "viewer's copy" only ..

Regards

Frequent Advisor

If you use HPRM Desktop, yes when double clicking, it will only show the document number and title and be in edit mode. If you use HPRM Records Manager (full client), then MS Word for example will show (Read Only) in the title when double clicking to open.

Double click from HP Records Manager client (full client)
DoubleClickRM.jpg

Double click from HP Desktop client

DoubleClickDesktop.jpg

I hope that makes sense :)

Valued Contributor

Correct,

it was just a loooong document title in our case so the part" View only" was missing ...

Regards

Frequent Advisor

Ahh yes ... gotta love those looooong document titles :D

I hope all goes well for you :)

Ilona

Valued Contributor

Thanks,

Beside HPE RM8.3 I  am already heavily involved in the CM9, O365, One Drive For Business Web Client CM9 testing to present the records management in Cloud in a near future.... Excited about the O365 MS Word document collaboration in SharePoint/O365 One Drive and then saving it to Web Clients etc....

BTW, HPE is merging with MicroFocus and apparently it will be a name rebranding ... again? :-)

Frequent Advisor

That sounds awesome - we're about to do the same.  We're going to test CM9.1 with O365 Office firstly to an on-prem Sharepoint server then possibly to Sharepoint online but that will depend on the federation services we have access to.

Our testing will involve integrating the Sharepoint (on-prem) with HPRM app server rather than web client and managing the records through HPRM. We're also looking at linking the O365 One Drive folders to HPRM for automated capture.

Question - Microsoft recently pushed out a heap of O365 updates and we're now experiencing email integration issues for all users on Windows 10 using O365 Office 2016 connecting to HPRM 8.3P1. We have to enable the Simple MAPI option in the users configuration options for the integration between HPRM and Outlook to work. If we dont enable Simple MAPI then the 'RMB -> Send To' appears to work but the outlook new email form doesnt appear.  Have you experienced this or are you not testing O365 integration with HPRM 8.3?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not testing it that way, yet;

Our issues were with One Drive for Business not syncing (Win 10 Built and Windows registry issue) ;

Also, we posponned the SharePoint integration with CM9;

The challenge we potentialy facing is the governance of ONE DRIVE accross 2-3000 users....

P.S. is CM9.1 released yet? 9.1

Cheers

Frequent Advisor

If you come up with a strategy of governing One Drive for Business across your users, I would be really interested to see it if you wouldnt mind and I'll see if I can do the same as we have exactly the same problem. How to manage the growth of uncontrolled records and access in OD.

HPCM 9.1 was released and available for download from the support portal late last week. I grabbed it and have it ready to install on my CM9 test server. Im pretty keen to see it in operation. CM9.0 was good but it had some bugs so we were waiting for the first minor release. It does a schema upgrade to the database so I suggest you implement it on a dataset that you dont care if you cant use again if you decide not to upgrade yet to 9.1.

Valued Contributor

Sure, although, around mid February would be the time we go for Win10, MS Office 2016, Static instead of Roaming profile, disabling the Personal Documents in TRIM ( providing users with One Drive) etc ....

Another question here: Did you had to do SQL (2012-R2) patching these days and would that influence TRIM, integrations etc in any way as we prepare to do it in a few days....?

I will now try to do search for downloading the HPE CM9.1 built/version... Few times in a HPE surveys I mentioned that this process should be simplified and more user friendly .... It was a bit unpleasent experience for me before :-)

Regards

Frequent Advisor

Our App and SQL servers are patched every month. We are using SQL2012R2 for our database so yes, patching should be okay although having said that, I dont know how far behind your patches are so whilst I say it should be okay, I mean that we've had no known issues with patching but we're pretty much up to date.

Accessing the downloads from the Software Support portal .. log into the portal, click on Product Information, Downloads. If your SAID is connected properly, you should be able to download the versions from there.

Frequent Advisor

Also - have you fixed the One Drive on W10 sync issue? Apparently we had the same issue ages ago but it was the One Drive for Business client. Downloading the latest client apparently fixed it for us.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, downloading 1 GB ISO as we speak... initial support page visit displays only old versions... refreshing the page actually brought the list with all HP HPE RM HPE CM9 versions/builts....

One Drive For Business ... HM, fixed? Yes and no ... :-) On Surface pro (older Win 10 Built) work beautifully, but on 2 Win 10 PC Machines still not working.. Strangelly enough, I can sync all my sharepoint project sites ...... different synching engine ...

IT guy is looking into it :-)

So, the installation should be instant (CM9.1 patching system as for patch 2 few months ago?

Cheers

Frequent Advisor

CM 9.1 is as per 8.X installations, no .msp files. Thankfully.

CM9.0 had executables, CM9.0 Patch1 you had to have base CM9.0 installed and then run the MSP files to update it.

Im happy there are no MSP files for 9.1. That would have made it super complex for my IT teams to roll out as it would have required the CM 9.0 client installed then the MSP to update to 9.1. They wouldnt like doing that and is prone to users cancelling things and opening apps while the installs are happening.  We have around 1200 users to roll out to so Im glad its one install only.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event