Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New TRIMEvent executable in 7.x..

Super Advisor

New TRIMEvent executable in 7.x..

I noticed there is no longer an executable called trimEvnt.exe like in version 6.2.x at least. I haven't worked with other version. Instead there is a process called TRIMEvent.exe in versions 7.x. I guess this is part of the changes that made there be no longer a separate Windows Service called "Trim Context Event Server" and no longer any Event Servers in TRIM Enterprise Studio.

What my questions are is will the TRIMEvent.exe process be the process that sends out emails? I need to reconfigure my antivirus product as it prevents processes from sending out emails.

Also when you right click on your Workgroup Server in TRIM Enterprise Studio and select properties there is a selection called "Can process Events" which is not selected by default. There's not enough information by default on what this does but it sounds like you need to select this for any events to be processes. Is this correct? I must select this for Alerts, Mail, Word Indexing, etc?

3 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: New TRIMEvent executable in 7.x..

Yes, it is the "TRIMEvent.exe" process that will send out emails.  And yes checking that box allows that workgroup server to possibly process events.  You must check it in order to be able to select events from the right-click.

Honored Contributor

Also, "TRIMEvnt.exe" does exist in 6.2.x.  It's renamed to "TRIMEvent.exe" in v7.

Super Advisor

Yes I knew that TRIMEvnt.exe existed in 6.2.x I guess shortened to make sure it fit the 8.3 naming scheme that isn't a big deal anymore.