Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Not able to delete records

Advisor

Not able to delete records

Am getting the following error when I try to remove any records in HPRM:

Function request (Test if row exists (RowExists)) for HP Records Manager Workgroup Server 'xx' failed. 'URILIST' is not a recognized built-in function name.

I did create a new dataset and everything setup nicely. I logon as Administrator and try to remove the record and getting the above error.

Any idea what is the issue?

8 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: Not able to delete records

[ Edited ]

Firstly just double check you have the correct permissions on that record to be able to delete it?

Right mouse click > security and audit > view rights 

under generic permissions for the user it should give you the run down. 

If that checks out can you edit the record?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Advisor

I already checked the records security...it shows that the Administrator has the rights to delete records. (refer to the attachment)

Please assists me.  TQ very much...

Honored Contributor

Check the client and the workgroup server are the same verion of trim (you may have a version mismatch where there is a slight difference between them, especially if the client is slightly less than the server)

Also with you new database, was it a newly created database or newly registered. If it was registered then is it possible that it was from a previous version of trim (again a slight difference). Try a schema repair of the dataset and then restart the workgroup server

Valued Contributor

Hi,

HP RM8.1.1.7760, win 7, sql 2012, Ms office 2010

we have issues with Personal documents not being able to be deleted by average users (as we had that option in HP TRIM 7.3.4.)

Administrators can delete personal docuemnts

Options in Record type "Personal document" are ticked for "delete document" and actually all options in the menu are checked/ticked.

user permissions also include "delete Document"

Not sure where else to look to fix this...

Anyone?

Thanks

Advisor

I noticed that... In the Locations... When I programtically create a list of sub locations in a group location .. Then when I tried to tie the sub locations to other locations to setup the relationship (such as Member Of). I will get the following error when I tie the X number of sub location to other location (for example, the moment I tried to tie the sub location number 230, I will get th following error when I try to delete records). I can only delete my records after I removed the sub locations.

Function request (Test if row exists (RowExists)) for HP Records Manager Workgroup Server 'xx' failed. 'URILIST' is not a recognized built-in function name.

1) Is there any limitation to the nmber of sub location to be created ?

2) Any possiblity that location creation/tie to another location will cause the above error?

Valued Contributor

More info on "not being able to delete personal documents":

It is all about this permission: "Remove Previous revisions"

Catch 22 in our case:

Basicaly, we are trying to allow users in HP RM8.1 to be able to delete their personal documents in HP TRIM/RM Database as in HP TRIM 734.

Users are in HP RM8.1 type "Records Managers" , and the system option for permissions for Records manager account type is allowing users to have permission: "Remove Previous revisions" .

it is working now for Personal Documents, users are able to delete their personal documents, but there is a catch:

With this privilege, users can Remove Previous revisions even for the Corporate Documents record type, although this privilege is sort of restricted in a Record Type properties/privileges: as per picture below

User did logged off after each change of settings, properties, privileges, permissions, and tried again but still we are in catch 22:

to let users delete their personal records but also to allow them to remove revisions from corporate documents

or not to let them to delete their personal records but revisions in Corporate documents will be safe.

Anyone has more info or idea how to resolve this situation?

Thanks

HPE Expert

Not so much a "catch 22" as a "can't have your cake and eat it too"

Deleting records is a very permanent thing, so it should be reserved for a select few - administrators. Changing it at a user permission level will, as you have discovered, allow deletion of any revision. 

Once the document is finalised the revisions are removed, would that be a simple solution to this one?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Valued Contributor

Well, true about the "cake".

however, the finalisation is not possible/practicle in our cases for so many business processes e.g. timesheets etc ...

Also, State Records Act say that documents revisions must be preserved.

regards