Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Offline Records errors In Trim 6.2

Frequent Advisor

Offline Records errors In Trim 6.2

One of my user gets the follwing error when trying to open Documents in Trim ( xls, doc, ppt etc...)

an error occurred accessing the repository for offline records. Could not open the database for offline records. unspecified error (0x800004005)
I can get the user to Right click View the documents ( using the trim viewer ) and can  Launch them but this makes the read only ... I have deleted the off line records folder in their profile and relaunched Trim and still get the same  error ..
I have browsed to the Offline records folder in Windows whilst logged on as the user and can access it OK as when as the files in the Offline records folder ...
Any ideas ???
4 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: Offline Records errors In Trim 6.2

I suspect the key bit of information in the error is "the database for offline records"

Either the Offline Records database is corrupt for some reason, or it's been moved/deleted or the path defined for the database is wrong.

By default the database is C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\TOWER Software\TRIM5\<DBID>\trimtd.mdb (hidden file)

It may be elsewhere if someone's entered a path in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TOWER Software\TRIM5\DataPaths\TrimAppData

Neil

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Frequent Advisor

Neil

Replaced the MDB file and now working OK

thanks

marc

HPE Expert

Awesome. I love it when a plan comes together!

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Frequent Advisor

Each time the user restarts their PC the error returns .....I replace the trimtd.mdb file once they are logged on and then it works again till the next restart .....

Tried recreating the windows profile and error still occurs ... It a permisson issue as you cannot see the the trimtd.mdb file once the user has logged on ( no it not hidden ) yet when I paste a copy of the trimtd.mdb file into the folder it asks if I want to replace the exisitng one ....very strange ...

p.s. trim works fine for all other users on this PC .....

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event