Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

PST file not viewable in Records Manager v8.2 Viewer

Frequent Advisor

PST file not viewable in Records Manager v8.2 Viewer

I have a Customer who has been doing testing with Records Manager v8.2 build 7533. They are upgrading from TRIM v7.02 build 1621. In TRIM they are able to view pst files within the TRIM viewer. In Records Manager they are not able to view the pst. I checked the bypass viewer list and pst is not listed. Is a pst not compatible with the current Records Manager viewer or is there another setting I am missing? I could not find a list of compatible file types in Records Manager.

2 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: PST file not viewable in Records Manager v8.2 Viewer

Hi Steve, much like a zip file the contents of a pst file are not viewable in the viewer. 

The contents of a PST file can be immense, so just the concept of being able to view individual items within that seem difficult.

You will need to supercopy the pst and add it to Outlook for viewing.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Frequent Advisor

Re: PST file not viewable in Records Manager v8.2 Viewer

Greg,

Do you have a reference of the format types which are supported by the viewer. I would like to to point the client to that documentation, if possible.

Thanks,

Steve

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event