Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Permission for Bypass Record Type Access Control References in the Security and Access Policy Dialog

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Honored Contributor

Permission for Bypass Record Type Access Control References in the Security and Access Policy Dialog

Is there a permission (or something) that controls if the check box for  "Bypass Record Type Access Control References" is enabled in the Security and Access Policy Dialog box?

Obviously if the user dosn't have Modify Record access all the controls are disabled, what I'm looking for is a setting that just disables that option, so a user can modify access but can't bypass record type access controls.

I had a look around and tried a few things, but I'm throwing in the towel on this one!

thanks

7 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Permission for Bypass Record Type Access Control References in the Security and Access Policy Di

That tick box is hard-coded. You wont be able to get rid of it.

I suggest submitting an enhancement request with a good business case.

:smileyhappy:

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Honored Contributor

Re: Permission for Bypass Record Type Access Control References in the Security and Access Policy Di

Thanks I won't spend any more time looking !

Is there an online enhancement request, or do I have to ring the support number?

The suggestions and feedback links see to refer to HP forums in general there wan't one for a specific product.

Honored Contributor

Yep, just visit http://support.openview.hp.com

Ensure you login and have an SAID registered on your account.

This will allow you to create a support case where you can raise the enhancement online.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
HPE Expert

I'm happy to be proven wrong...but surely a user only has that tickbox available to them if they have the user permission "Bypass All Access Controls" enabled in their profile?

Neil

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Honored Contributor

Oooh, them fighting words Neil!

Now I'm going to have to check that...   :smileytongue:

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Honored Contributor

Hi

It can be easily proved.

In a test environment check Information workers do NOT have any of the following

. Bypass View Metadata Acces Control

. Bypass All Access Control

. Bypass Lockdown

Have a record type where one of the default record access controls is "reference"

Create a file based on the record type and set an Information worker to have

. View metadata

. Modify Record Access

As an Information worker find that file and chose Security/Access

You can tick the Bypass Record type access control references and change the access control

Mark

Honored Contributor

Yep, thanks Mark.

Definitely put in the enhancement then.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event