Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Preview Tab - 7.01

Advisor

Preview Tab - 7.01

Any ideas why I am getting message "Preview not available in this context, due to audit log settings" in my Preview tab when I highlight a document?

This does not go for all documents but have not worked out a pattern yet.  May be a timing thing?

Thanks

16 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: Preview Tab - 7.01

Haven't seen this error myself. Is it random e.g. Does it always happen for a particular document or only sometimes? I', struggling to think of a reason why audit log settings would prevent previewing a document.

Neil

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Honored Contributor

I've seen it myself Neil, just haven't been able to make any sense out of it.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I'd like to know as well if this is particular documents only, or all documents of a specific record type?

Does the message appear on the 'Preview' tab only, or on the 'Previous Revision' tab?

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Honored Contributor

in my case, it was the preview tab, not any revisions - wish i had grabbed screenshots.

We have the same issue here when testing HP TRIM 7.01#1499 preview tab & audit log settings.....I have taken a screenshot

Honored Contributor

Has anyone logged a support case for this yet?

I'd like to get to the bottom of this ASAP.

Cheers.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Honored Contributor

I didn't because I didn't have screenshots - can't you take the ones posted here and run with it?

Honored Contributor

I can if needed, but the support case helps. :smileyhappy:

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Honored Contributor

if needed?  lol  Come on....

Honored Contributor

Hi All,

Replicated quite easily, just turned on all the Audit Event options on the Container and Document Record Types.

Now I can't preview anything...

Awesome...

Will raise case with R&D now.

Workaround: Turn OFF the Audit option on the Document Record Type, 'Document Viewed'

Obivously this is something most sites will definitely want ON, so will raise this as high severity.

Thanks for reporting it. :smileyhappy:

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Honored Contributor

Raised incident with R&D: 39712

Will be cloned to a different CR number when fixed.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Advisor

Many thanks

Keep us posted

Honored Contributor

Kudo's to you Grundy!!!!  Yay, now THIS is the type of support that's GREAT!

Hi :smileywink:

I have installed HP Trim 7.02 build 1621...a similar problem is present in this new build of HP TRIM 7.02.1621.

Im in the process of testing this build of TRIM...(as I do with ALL builds & patches).....when previewing from within a container by opening the plus sign to view contained records.......'preview not available in this context, due to audit log settings' error as before BUT if you preview thru recent documents at the document level, the preview is present...I also tested right clicking & navigating to contained records; this shows the preview as its at the document level

.I have tested doc, docx, xls, xlsx, pdf, ppt & emails. I have ensured this works with in PROD with 6.2.4.1236 & ALL previews work fine regardless at container or document level.

This bug has not been fixed in this build & its not listed as a fix in the HP TRIM Fixes documentation with 7.02.1621

Honored Contributor

Yep, still not fixed.

The Defect is 39968, so keep an eye out for that in any future releases.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
HPE Expert

Don't forget there is a workaround, i.e. Turn OFF the Audit option on the Document Record Type, 'Document Viewed'

I know some people will insist this should be turned on, but how useful is it in practice? It doesn't prove a user actually READ the document. Perhaps they were paging down a search results list with the preview pane open and the document was retrieved for viewing in the preview pane for only a moment? When considering how much data you want clogging up your online active audit events, do you really want it full of "Document Viewed" entries? (Rhetorical question of course)

Neil

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/