Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Printing Reports in Trim with compressed and overwritten Characters - Arial Font

Trusted Contributor

Printing Reports in Trim with compressed and overwritten Characters - Arial Font

We are using Trim 6.2.4.1240.

We are using both Windows 7 and Windows 2000 clients with Trim.

We are having problems printing Trim reports from Windows 7 clients using arial fonts. The reports are printed with compressed characters and in some cases overwritten characters.

There are no problems with Trim reports printed from Windows 2000 clients.

Any ideas why this is happening? Is there a fix for this problem?

Thanks.

RD.

6 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: Printing Reports in Trim with compressed and overwritten Characters - Arial Font

I can't say I've heard of it. Why don't you export and post one of your report layouts here and I'll have a look at it.

Neil

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Trusted Contributor

Re: Printing Reports in Trim with compressed and overwritten Characters - Arial Font

I tried to sent you the layout in rpl file as an attachment.  I can't see the post.

RD

Honored Contributor

Can you add the report as an attachment here?  Maybe change the file extension to TxT.

Trusted Contributor

Here is the report layout.  I renamed it as a text file.  Change it back to a rpl file to view.

Thanks.

RD

HPE Expert

Hi Rodger,

It looks like a pretty standard report to me, and works perfectly well in my test environment. How does the report look if you use the Preview option in TRIM before printing? What if you choose another printer? I suspect you have a printer driver issue in Windows 7 rather than any problem with TRIM reports.

Neil

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Honored Contributor

Let Neil guide you on this one :smileyhappy:  rather than having a bunch of different replies about it.