Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem trying to deploy TRIM Excel 2007 integration through SMS

Frequent Advisor

Problem trying to deploy TRIM Excel 2007 integration through SMS

We've run into issues trying to deploy the TRIM Ex cel 2007 integration through SMS, similar to those discussed in this topic previously posted in the old forums - http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1274768532728+28353475&threadId=1390963

We have included the necessary pre-requisites in our install, however when our applications are deployed through SMS, the install runs as the SMS service account as our users don't have local admin rights or rights to run MSI installations.

Unfortunately even though the install runs successfully, the addin does not work correctly in Excel, as the install has not been run in the current user context.

Has anyone found a workaround for this issue? In the topic posted in the old forums, Rodney Kee mentioned that he worked around by deploying and then:

"2) Now this is the kicker: Add 3 registry keys (pertaining to the add-in in HKCU because the add-in is activated "per-user") to the domain user profile on logon. This ensures the add-in is activated each time the user logs on."

Any further details on what these keys were? Or any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES
Occasional Visitor

Re: Problem trying to deploy TRIM Excel 2007 integration through SMS

I've just run into the same issue doing the deployment via the Office Customisation tool - the install works fine for the admin user running the install but the add in is not installed for all users.

I looked in the Registry and couldn't even see a key relevant to Excel integration which makes it hard to update...

There is an option on the wizard for the MSI to install the add in for all users so is there a switch to turn this on when doing a silent install?

Honored Contributor

msiexec /? gives you all the options for Windows install options

one of those is /j(u|m) that allows you to choose between: m=all users and y=current user

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by Hewlett Packard Enterprise.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
HPE Enterprise Services
Advisor

I too am mucking around with this issue...the following may help as it contains some Reg info:

http://www.trimuser.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Excel2003and2007Addin.pdf