Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

RM 8.1 Searching Record Ranges

Regular Advisor

RM 8.1 Searching Record Ranges

Good day all,

I have a user that is trying to search for a range of records, for example 400/15 - 500/15. However when the results are returned. It should anything beginning with a 4, like for 4, 40, 4000.  I used the range search for Record numbers. IS this not the correct way to conduct this type of range of records. The first attachment is the example of the results.  I have attached a couple of screens. Thanks.

Regards,

Techgato

15 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: RM 8.1 Searching Record Ranges

It is because you are not searching on the full record number.

Try adding the preceeding zeros 

EG: 0000400/15

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Regular Advisor

Greg,

We tried that also didn't seem to work. It also seems to mess up on the number after slash. ( for example /15) also brings crazy returns. But I have more intel now. The user was searching under a reel#, I think its an additional field type. Any other suggestion. I have attached anothe example with the Reel# Thanks so much.

HPE Expert

Adding filters is your best bet, restrict to the desired record type will be a good place to start.

So it is not record number being searched against, is 'reel #' and additional field search?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Regular Advisor

Greg,

Yes actually was the reel number. But I replicated the issue with record number, in another data set. Okay we shall give it a try. Appreciate your help.

T

Regular Advisor

Greg,

No that didn't work. It's a pretty small dataset. I also tried to add single and double quotes on two sets of number ranges, that didn't work either. I have searched Help menu and can't find exactly what I want on search ranges. Any other suggestion.  Thanks.

HPE Expert

There won't be anything in the help file because you are searching on an additional field, where you have set the parameters.

Are you certain that those are the correct values to be searching on?

Regular Advisor

Greg,

Yes, there are records in that range, only its pulling single digits, double digits etc, 4, 40, 400, 500 Any number in those ranges. Then the second number after the slash is crazy too. Its almost like its saying I will look for 4 in any format, I can find. We recently upgraded to RM 8.1, do you think indexing would help? Just trying to think of something. Thanks.

HPE Expert

It really depends on how your additional fields have been setup.

A reindex will work if the values are setup as text, if they are numbers then it should be no need to index.

Can you attach a screenshot of the properties of that additional field?

Regular Advisor

Greg,

I will send you the screen shot on tomorow. Thanks.

Regular Advisor

Greg,

As promised please attached the properties for Reel # additional field seems to be number sorting properly. Thanks..

T

HPE Expert

That additional field has been created as a string value, which is fine you can still use numbers in a  string value.

Are you certain that the format 400/15 is correct?  

can you search just on that single value rather than a range search?

Regular Advisor

It maybe /16. But I will double check with the user. Thanks.

Regular Advisor

Greg,

My apology it should be 400-16 to 500-16. Thanks.

HPE Expert

There isn't much else I can offer in suggestions other than searching on the correct parameters - 400-16 to 500-16

Regular Advisor

Greg,

Thanks for your efforts. I may open a bug ticket. Thanks so much again.