Search instead for 
Do you mean 

RM8 0.0. 6376 and data port and some other issues discovered when testing

Valued Contributor

RM8 0.0. 6376 and data port and some other issues discovered when testing

Hi,

32Bit RM8 0.0. 6376 client, Server 8.1, MS Office 2010, SQL 2008-R2 , 

Few issues in RM8:

DataPort not OK, the error say tsjapi.dll cannot be loaded , possibly x86/x64 architecture mismatch. %1 is not a valid 32 app.

What is dataPort, ex TRIMPORT.? For Admins only or for everyone, for all users?

Saved Searches (old ones not functional for records, but works ok for location... Newly made saved searches are ok .

What is happening there?

Speel check failed for the selected language?

When I want to open the catalogued email in Outlook, the error pop up saying, HP TRIM in Outlook - Application not found ... why TRIM when we are on RM8..?

A good thing is that the issue wiith slow "Sent Items" in MS Outlook is fixed and that all models of barcode scanners and their settings are OK, working fine..Denso...

Regards

25 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: RM8 0.0. 6376 and data port and some other issues discovered when testing

[ Edited ]

Hi there

I'll try to help out with a couple of your issues.  Just a quick question - are you using RM 8.0 on a Windows 8.1 box?  If so, this is an operating system that has yet to be validated with HP RM 8.x

1)

DataPort is a newly developed application that is based on TRIMPort.  It can be used by whoever needs to use it (that is, those users who need to import and/or export information to/from HP RM), given the nature of what it is, I'd suggest that it should only be very experienced/advanced HP RM/TRIM users should use it.

It has been validated on both 32- and 64-bit environments.  The error you're getting basically means that it can't find the HP RM API/SDK; it may be because of a 'bitness' mismatch - is there any details in the Event Viewer logs?  I'm chasing up some information (in the meantime, can you please confirm the bitness of your operating system?).

2) 

There is a statement in the HP RM 8.0 release notes about Saved Searches.  To save you having to dig it out, I've copied the statement below (but it can be found here):

Saved Searches Created in HP TRIM

Due to the design changes made in the Search module in HP Records Manager, Saved Searches that have been created in HP TRIM 7.3x and earlier will need to be manually redefined in HP Records Manager 8 after upgrading.

It is recommended that all Saved Searches are reviewed and documented, that is, capturing all details of the Saved Search, before upgrading to HP Records Manager 8.0.  This will assist you in recreating the Saved Searches after upgrading.

Once upgraded, to find the Saved Searches created in HP TRIM, you can search for Saved Searches “Old format”; this will display all previously created searches that you then can recreate.

To recreate an old saved search, right-click on the Saved Search, click Properties and then click Edit Query.  A warning message is displayed which will show details of the query in the old internal format.  You can click OK on this warning message to recreate the search criteria for the Saved Search.

3)

Are you getting an error message when you attempt a spell check?

4)

We are aware of some instances/references to HP TRIM in HP Records Manager.  I will advise the appropriate team of your finding and we'll get it sorted.  Thanks for letting us know.

Thanks and cheers

Helen :)

Helen Barnes
HPE Content Manager Information Developer
HPE Software: Information Management & Governance
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Valued Contributor

Hi,

thanks.

I knew I forgot one item in my intro, Win 7 ! not PC Tablet or laptop...just normal PC Desktop.

1. can't find logs for dataport, where are they? Old TRIMPORT Logs directory?

2. thanks for info about the saved searches

3. Error message as described before... also, after i click twice on OK , new message say "spell check completed"..but obviously, with incorrect spelled words going into database.

4. Yeah, TRIM appeared few times...so 8.1 will have these fixed?

Regards

Trusted Contributor

Hey

Cool, so Windows 7 - what is the bit?  32 or 64?

1)

There is nothing in the  Event Viewer - Windows logs?  As you can't open DataPort I suspect there won't be any log files written to the DataPort log file directory (but FYI, the default DataPort directory is C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\DataPort).

2)

You're welcome :)

3)

So the actual error you get is "Spell check failed for the selected language"?  Can you please confirm which Language you've got HP RM running as (Options > Locale tab) and which Dictionaries you're using (Options > Spelling tab >Use Dictionaries).  Also, is the System Option (Record tab) "When editing Notes and Record titles: Insist that spelling is checked with the spelling checker" selected?

4)

I'm confident references to HP TRIM will be removed/updated as we move forward.

Cheers

PS happy for anyone else reading this who has some ideas what might be going on to jump in - the more the merrier!

Helen Barnes
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Win 7 is 64bit

Attached is the screenshot of the event viewer error log made when I want to start DATAPORT . Now I believe that is not installed at all properly as there is no DataPort directory at all anywhere... in 32bit directory or in 86 ..64 bit

Spelling: English International, all 3 mentioned checkers are selected, checked, but no spelling happening....

Regards

P.S.

the Saved Search issue will be real problem, recreating them manualy again... so there is really no other way of doing it in bulk?

Cheers

HPE Expert

PerthRM8 wrote:

"...A good thing is that the issue with slow "Sent Items" in MS Outlook is fixed..."

Any chance you could tell us what the cause was and how it was fixed? Did HP Support provide a fix or was it something solved in-house?

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Valued Contributor

Re: RM8 0.0. 6376 and data port and some other issues discovered Slow Sent Items

Well, Neil,

to be honest , not sure if it is fixed for sure, you could be probably right. Let me explain:

On my second test machine I have RM8.0 installed and pointing towards the development environment where I do my testing of RM8 new features....

MS Outlook is also pointing towards the same development Dataset.

The issue with "slow Sent Items in MS Outlook" appears to be fixed, meaning I am switching between the Inbox and Sent items and other linked folders without any delays, and the integration with TRIM MS Outlook Add-Ins is present, work OK.

To me, that is it.

But, when i checked the Windows registry for DataPaths, I've noticed that the value TRIMAppData is empty??!!! Not pointing towards the network folder for My Documents/Offline records...

(BTW, I unchecked the option "Open default Dataset next time.." ... so MS Outlook, RM, Office Apps are asking me every time for Dataset to chose)

However, my offline records are functioning OK, to every Dataset I am pointing my Office apps, e.g. production, test or development environments. In My documents area, they are respectively saved to a proper Offline records folder, so integration works OK.

However again, maybe this machine is out of the range of the cycling Windows Group Policy which goes around and check if there is any machine with windows registry entry with "0" zero value and them if that's the case, WG Policy populate the entry and then issues start.

Speaking of that, I manualy populated the Windows registry entry and restarted MS Outlook and RM8 and later restarted PC, it was still OK, no slow sent items issue.. Linked folders are processing emails on drag&drop... No slow Sent Items issue or any linked folder that is slow...

The whole thing is inconclusive, as I am logged to 3 different machines with 3 different TRIM/RM8 versions at the same time, using different network ports ... so When I am shutting down machines, I do that in reverse order, not sure how that influence the network profile ...

Anyway, I am making the compare list of TRIM 7.3 and RM8 new and old changed features , to present to users what is different and there are some interesting facts there.... Now we can remove renditions? (Help, Setup Information, Users permissions) 

Regards

HPE Expert

Re: RM8 0.0. 6376 and data port and some other issues discovered Slow Sent Items

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Nothing too conclusive here, although redirecting TRIMAppData to a network drive does seem to be linked to the slow Sent Items behaviour...investigation continues.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Trusted Contributor

Hi there

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I was doing some investigations and talking to some of the R&D team.

There was an issue with running 32-bit DataPort on a 64-bit OS, this has been fixed in the most recent release, HP RM 8.01.  It is listed in the HPRM8.01_Fixes.html file.  The issue number is 50440.   If you want to investigate HP RM 8.0 DataPort you'll need to install the 64-bit version on your machine.

For the spell checking issue, is there any chance that the error your getting is - "Spell check Failed.  HP Records Manager was not able to load a dictionary for the current language.  Please check that the dictionary files are installed correctly"?

As for the Saved Searches, I'm sorry (and I have confirmed this with R&D) but there is no way of bulk updating the saved searches.

Thanks for your patience while I dug out this information for you.

Kindest regards

Helen Barnes
Valued Contributor

Hi Helen,

thanks for your replies:

DataPort: I have been informed that RM 8.1 will be installed soon, so this issue should be fixed.

Spelling: yes, that is the error as I said initially. :-)

Saved Searches.... bit of pain .... 5,000 saved searches to be modified/recreated... Users will be screaming.... But, a good oportunity to clean and update some searches... (some searches regarding emails still do not have EML filters, only MSG or VMBX, then some are without the owner and without access restrictions, anyone can delete them, it hapenned).

Regards

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for clarifying the error message.  I've been informed that the issue has also been resolved in 8.01, so since you're looking at that one now, you should find it's fixed as well.

I feel your pain in regards to the Saved Searches, but your right, it is a good opportunity to review the need for some of your searches.

Let us know if you have any other questions or issues you'd like reviewed.

Have a fantastic day (and weekend!).

Cheers

Helen Barnes
Valued Contributor

Hi

lovely day in Perth, bit windy... But, Mick Jagger left WA ..

Anyway, here are the additional findings by me related to RM8 and TRIM 7.3 :

If anyone is kind to explain some of it, it would much appreciated.

Before i start, Iliked to say thay I like this option in RM8:

Provide a search method to search for documents by document size. Enhanced. A search method to search for documents by document size is provided

now.

But confused size 4,000 e.g. of what KB MB GB ? 4000000 number start displaying all 3 mb size docs as weell even i said more than

4,000000 of something

Later I figured it out .. bytes!!

OK, I see these new terms in RM:

Wintertree

RCF

POCO

Boost

also: new folder in Working folder: Client download cashe folder

trim document content type rm8: document content server?

softwarelicence info

in trim 7.3 we have info for

guest getaway annotate/redact kofax label webdrawer client web etc external stores..

ok, new feature : REMOVE RENDITIONS - granted!

under the tab Control file update permissions:

this dissapeared: Saved Search Administrator- Granted (I can't find this in RM8)

In RM8 we have (new?):

Define Barcode scanners Define web publisher layouts' Reporter Administration

Also, under Miscellaneous we have

Reporter Administration  - again?!?

Search Administrator

bypass blocked search methods

Some errors:Toolbar menu TRAY Mouse over the icon 123 display the Select Offline Records instead of Count...

I like this:

A new feature added to HP Records Manager 8.0 is the ability for a HP Records

Manager Administrator to activate or deactivate an HP Records Manager product

feature for an HP Records Manager database. If a feature is deactivated all menus

and options that relate to that product feature will be removed for all users

at the begining,

I was confused with:

HP Records Manager Options - Minimize to Dropzone but now I like it and I think it will be very usefull .

Great feature actually!! Very useful for many users , few people are very happy for this here in the office.

==============

In HP Records Manager 8.0 the Microsoft Outlook integration has been enhanced to

included duplication checking and conversation tracking for e-mail. New System Options have been added to HP Records Manager to the System Options E-

mail tab that allows the Administrator to enable HP Records Manager to check for

duplicate e-mail messages and action them depending on the selected options

nice screenshot there for duplicate emails

==========================

Confused :

HP Records Manager WebDrawer has been rewritten using the ServiceAPI and as a

result any customized templates have organizations have developed will no longer

work

==========

--------

What is domino integrations?

=---------

Enhanced The new HP Records Manager interface in Outlook ribbon has an option to

create linked folders and is unnested avoiding many clicks.

------

this should be useful:

Locations - Unable to modify an unknown Location's person name and update

Location's type to an Organisation. Fixed. HP Records Manager allows users with relevant permissions to modify an

unknown Location's person name and update Location's type to an Organisation

successfully.

----------

This could be useful;

Action Tracking - Change to Notes function, ability to have Action notes copied to

records actions. Enhanced. Notes from Actions are copied to Record Actions.

-----------------

i like this:

Provide the ability to tag multiple Retention Schedules and display their

associated records (Show Records). Enhanced. Note: It is possible to achieve the same outcome in HP TRIM 7 by using

the new record searching capabilities. You can search for "schedule:A or B". Tagged navigation is now supported in HP RM 8.0

---------

Confused? Not sure if this is fixed as I could not find any event audits for the changes I've done..where do we setup what events for the locations we like to capture?

Active audit events are not generated for new or modified locations. Enhanced. Active audit events are now generated when locations are created or

modified.

confused:

TRIM Client - Add reassign action button to the custom toolbar Enhanced. Note that access to toolbar is not possible from a modal dialog. Only

modeless dialogs allow access to the main TRIM window. New Record displays a

modeless dialog.

not working, I did setup text and button but it did not worked for re-assigning ?

Confusion:

( Function keys are not functioning at all, even after the RESET ALL is done?????

======

I like this: Right click > edit for 2 or more records should open the native app Enhanced. Selecting right click 'Edit' when multiple records have been tagged will

open the attachments in their native applications.

------

- Integration - Unable to insert a picture into Excel and PowerPoint documents from

TRIM. Word integrates and defaults to TRIM when inserting a picture however Excel

and PowerPoint do not. Enhanced. From within the Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, users will be able to

select a picture stored in HP TRIM and insert the picture into the document.

confused, not sure if works desktop add ins ticked checked for excel word etc. tuicked and untick and ticked add-ins in excell..no change my document picture

------------------

I used Camtasia video screen capturing software to present what is new what

changed, fancy flash video with digital titles and effects etc...

regards

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
You have been busy!  I've quoted your post so I can answer your questions/comments in context and I've put my responses in orange.  There are a couple of points I require some additional details from you. 

I'm really glad to see you like so many of the new and updated features in HP RM 8.0!

Let me know if I've missed any of your questions or items you wanted more details on.  Have a great weekend! 

Kindest regards Helen :)
PerthRM8 wrote:

Hi

lovely day in Perth, bit windy... But, Mick Jagger left WA ..

It's a lovely day in Canberra as well, bit of cloud around, hoping we get some rain.  Sad business that...

Anyway, here are the additional findings by me related to RM8 and TRIM 7.3 :

If anyone is kind to explain some of it, it would much appreciated.

Before i start, Iliked to say thay I like this option in RM8:

Provide a search method to search for documents by document size. Enhanced. A search method to search for documents by document size is provided

now.

But confused size 4,000 e.g. of what KB MB GB ? 4000000 number start displaying all 3 mb size docs as weell even i said more than

4,000000 of something

Later I figured it out .. bytes!!

Excellent, glad you like it.  Good pick up, I'll feedback that we should probably clarify what the file size 'measurement' is.

OK, I see these new terms in RM:

Wintertree - where did you see this reference?  It's a third party spell checker engine we use (Sentry Spell Checker for Windows)

RCF - RCF has been around for quite a while.  It stands for Remote Call Framework, and is a IPC/RPC framework tailored for C++ applications.

POCO - I'm not sure what this is - where did you see the reference?

Boost - I'm not sure what this is - where did you see the reference?

also: new folder in Working folder: Client download cashe folder - are you asking what is it used for?

trim document content type rm8: document content server? - are you asking what is it used for?

softwarelicence info

in trim 7.3 we have info for

guest getaway annotate/redact kofax label webdrawer client web etc external stores.. - not sure if you have a question here?

User Permissions (System Options - Permissions tab) - all additional details have been copied from the Help File.

ok, new feature : REMOVE RENDITIONS - granted!

under the tab Control file update permissions:

this dissapeared: Saved Search Administrator- Granted (I can't find this in RM8) - it appears to be merged into the Search Administration permission:

Search Administrator - extends the functionality provided by the Can Save Searches permission.
Users who create saved searches need it to:

make a record search public, making it available to other users
manage the list of blocked search methods
modify existing saved searches they have access to by using the Edit Query button

In RM8 we have (new?): -

Define Barcode scanners - permission to maintain the available barcode scanners on a particular computer.
This permission enables a user to:

Define a new barcode scanner
Modify any characteristics of an existing barcode scanner
Delete an existing barcode scanner
Manage barcode control sheet - Tools - Physical Tracking - Control Barcodes

Define web publisher layouts' - permission to maintain the HP Records Manager Web templates.
Enables a user to:

Create new Web templates
Modify any characteristics of an existing Web template
Delete an existing Web template

Reporter Administration - permission to maintain the HP Records Manager report definitions.
This permission also applies to the maintenance of the report graphics.

Enables a user to:

Create new report definition
Modify any characteristics of an existing report definition
Delete an existing report definition
Create new report graphic
Modify any characteristics of an existing report graphic
Delete an existing report graphic

Also, under Miscellaneous we have

Reporter Administration  - again?!? - I don't see this under Miscellaneous permissions, only under the Control File Update Permissions.

Search Administrator - see above for the details of this permission

bypass blocked search methods

Some errors:Toolbar menu TRAY Mouse over the icon 123 display the Select Offline Records instead of Count... -  I'm not seeing this issue, when I mouse over the 123 icon, it’s displaying Count as the tip.  This may be related to your issue in regards to the Function keys...

I like this:

A new feature added to HP Records Manager 8.0 is the ability for a HP Records Manager Administrator to activate or deactivate an HP Records Manager product feature for an HP Records Manager database. If a feature is deactivated all menus and options that relate to that product feature will be removed for all users at the begining,  - it's an excellent feature, I was excited about it myself!

I was confused with:

HP Records Manager Options - Minimize to Dropzone but now I like it and I think it will be very usefull .

Great feature actually!! Very useful for many users , few people are very happy for this here in the office. - Glad you like it, I think it's a nice option.

==============

In HP Records Manager 8.0 the Microsoft Outlook integration has been enhanced to included duplication checking and conversation tracking for e-mail. New System Options have been added to HP Records Manager to the System Options E-mail tab that allows the Administrator to enable HP Records Manager to check for duplicate e-mail messages and action them depending on the selected options

nice screenshot there for duplicate emails - thank you!

==========================

Confused :

HP Records Manager WebDrawer has been rewritten using the ServiceAPI and as a result any customized templates have organizations have developed will no longer work. 

In the past Organizations have been able to heavily customize their WebDrawer templates/instances, because of the changes we made to WebDrawer existing templates will no longer work and they'll have to be re-developed using the ServiceAPI.  The ServiceAPI help site (available when the ServiceAPI is installed and configured) is excellent and will be able to give you further details about this.

==========

--------

What is domino integrations?  - Do you mean the Thin Lotus Notes Integration Domino Service that we included in HP RM 8.0?

=---------

Enhanced The new HP Records Manager interface in Outlook ribbon has an option to create linked folders and is unnested avoiding many clicks. – do you have a question about this feature?

------

this should be useful:

Locations - Unable to modify an unknown Location's person name and update Location's type to an Organisation. Fixed. HP Records Manager allows users with relevant permissions to modify an unknown Location's person name and update Location's type to an Organisation successfully. – Excellent, glad you think it’ll be useful!

----------

This could be useful;

Action Tracking - Change to Notes function, ability to have Action notes copied to records actions. Enhanced. Notes from Actions are copied to Record Actions. – hope it is!

-----------------

i like this:

Provide the ability to tag multiple Retention Schedules and display their associated records (Show Records). Enhanced. Note: It is possible to achieve the same outcome in HP TRIM 7 by using the new record searching capabilities. You can search for "schedule:A or B". Tagged navigation is now supported in HP RM 8.0.  – Excellent!

---------

Confused? Not sure if this is fixed as I could not find any event audits for the changes I've done..where do we setup what events for the locations we like to capture?

Active audit events are not generated for new or modified locations. Enhanced. Active audit events are now generated when locations are created or modified. – All things Audit have been moved to a new menu under Tools > HP Records Manager Administration > Audit Options.  There are a number of tabs that relate to different tasks, e.g. Create, Modify, Delete and Other Events – depending on what you’d like to capture, go to the relevant tab and tag the Location types you want to have audit events of that type capture for.  There is a specific tab for Active Audit Events, again, tag the Location types you’d like audit events captured for.

confused:

TRIM Client - Add reassign action button to the custom toolbar Enhanced. Note that access to toolbar is not possible from a modal dialog. Only modeless dialogs allow access to the main TRIM window. New Record displays a modeless dialog.

not working, I did setup text and button but it did not worked for re-assigning ? -  Can you please provide the steps you followed to make the changes.

Confusion:

( Function keys are not functioning at all, even after the RESET ALL is done????? – Are you seeing the F keys on any of the menu options? E.g. when you right-click on a record and go to Search – is the F7 key visible on the Refine menu option?  I know you've already done this, but can you please go to the View menu, point to Toolbars and click Customise.  On the Toolbars tab, can you please click Reset All and then click Reset my usage data.  On the Keyboard tab, can you please click Reset All (again - I know it's asking you to 'suck eggs', sorry).

======

I like this: Right click > edit for 2 or more records should open the native app Enhanced. Selecting right click 'Edit' when multiple records have been tagged will open the attachments in their native applications. – Glad you like it!

------

- Integration - Unable to insert a picture into Excel and PowerPoint documents from TRIM. Word integrates and defaults to TRIM when inserting a picture however Excel and PowerPoint do not. Enhanced. From within the Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, users will be able to select a picture stored in HP TRIM and insert the picture into the document.

confused, not sure if works desktop add ins ticked checked for excel word etc. tuicked and untick and ticked add-ins in excell..no change my document picture. 

Hmm, this one works for me.  I’m using Office 2013.  I open Excel/PowerPoint, go to the HP Records Manager tab, click Picture from the Insert “menu”, the Select From Records dialog opens.  I pick a Picture record and it works like a bought one.  Can you please give me some more details on what you're doing and what you're seeing (or not seeing as the case may be).

------------------

I used Camtasia video screen capturing software to present what is new what changed, fancy flash video with digital titles and effects etc... – Nice work, I like Camtasia a lot.  I’m sure people would love to see what you’ve produced if you’re able to share it.

regards

Helen Barnes
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Well, I am staying till 5 PM today (Late Stay every 3rd week...so time is not the

issue at the moment... it is 3 PM at the moment in WA

OK, first, thank you kindly for the information, much appreciated, good service. Now I know more :-)

ok:

Wintertree and other info are under HELP, Setup Information, Software Versions

Client download cashe folder - Yes, asking what is this, how usable?

Locations and active audit events, great feature, thanks to you, I know how to

setup the audits now.

Tested, worked fine, although, there is no details of the

changes... Meaning Joe Bloke name changed to Jane Blokesses etc...

But, at least we have some metadata captured, who changed it , when ... But if 

comments about the changes could be made compulsory, that would be great!!!!

The issue with: Add reassign action button to the custom toolbar :

explained in my screenshot attached

Function Keys text is present next to each Icon ..e.g. next to Refine Search there

is F7 ... I did the steps you told me but no success ...

Hold, on, it work OK now ... Embarassed to say that on my keyboard the F Lock was

off... you have to forgive me, I have 3 keyboards in front of me...

Other questions/comments can wait....

Regards

Trusted Contributor

PerthRM8 wrote:

Hi,

Well, I am staying till 5 PM today (Late Stay every 3rd week...so time is not the

issue at the moment... it is 3 PM at the moment in WA

OK, first, thank you kindly for the information, much appreciated, good service. Now I know more :-)  No worries, I'm glad to help whenever I can :)

ok:

Wintertree and other info are under HELP, Setup Information, Software Versions  Well there you go, learn something new every day!  If you see anything like that, check the RM<version#>_ThirdParty.pdf - this lists (most of) the third party applications we use in the software. e.g Boost is various C++ routines and POCO is are also C++ Libraries.

Client download cashe folder - Yes, asking what is this, how usable?  I think you mean "Client Document Cache folder"?  This is the folder that holds documents/objects that have been viewed on a client machine; it helps with not having to download the object everytime the client views the object.  You can clear this cache via Options > Store Caching tab and you can set the limit via System Options > Object Cache tab.

Locations and active audit events, great feature, thanks to you, I know how to

setup the audits now.

Tested, worked fine, although, there is no details of the

changes... Meaning Joe Bloke name changed to Jane Blokesses etc...

But, at least we have some metadata captured, who changed it , when ... But if 

comments about the changes could be made compulsory, that would be great!!!!  My bad, you can actually do this.  On the Audit Options > General tab, there is an option "Provide audit log comments control on property sheets" - if you click this, you'll get an additional field on the bottom of all property sheets so you can enter a comment as to why the change has been made.  You can also make this option mandatory by selecting the option "Make the entry of audit log comments on the property sheets mandatory" then your users won't get a choice in the matter!

The issue with: Add reassign action button to the custom toolbar :

explained in my screenshot attached

Good screenshot, thanks.  I _think_ your problem is that you haven't actually selected the Action in the first HP RM 8.0 screen?  I've done similar testing and if I don't highlight the action, while I don't get the exact same menus as you, everything is disabled.  Does that make sense?  Let me know if you're still seeing the weird behaviour when you've highlighted an Action/Procedure.

Now onto the broken Toolbar icon, the reason it's not active when you're looking at a the "Record Actions" (RMB on a record > Workflows > Show Actions/Procedures) window is that you're in a modal window, toolbars don't work when you're in a modal window (I've confirmed this with R&D, I hope I'm using the right terminology!).  If you look at any of the other icons in the Toolbar you'll see that they're also not available.  In the screenshot you've provided, you've got a Record selected so the Reassign toolbar is not available at all, it should be available if you had an Activity listed in a modeless window (e.g. a search results window) but in saying that I've found an issue when searching for Activities that I'll be creating a CR for.

Let me know if I'm completely off the mark...

Function Keys text is present next to each Icon ..e.g. next to Refine Search there

is F7 ... I did the steps you told me but no success ...

Hold, on, it work OK now ... Embarassed to say that on my keyboard the F Lock was

off... you have to forgive me, I have 3 keyboards in front of me...  Excellent!  Nothing to apologise for, we've all done it!

Other questions/comments can wait....

Regards

Helen Barnes
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Thanks,

I think that there is an issue here with these workflow actions on my RM8 ... Maybe it is the installation error or some other error . However, as you can see per my Friday's screen shot, There is no option or no menu item called REASSIGN  as we have in TRIM 7.3.3. and before. I highlight the action , the document ...show actions procedures.... right click ... but the option for re-assign does not exist....

It could be the big issue...maybe...

Regards

Trusted Contributor

The menus are definitely available in HP RM 8.0.  I've seen them in both pre-8.0 created procedures/actions as well as on ones I've created in RM 8.0.

It might have been a hiccup during install, I can't comment on that (I'm not even sure it would be possible!?).  If you're going to look at RM 8.01, perhaps check this behaviour in that instance and if it's still an issue, I think the next step will be to log a job with Support as I'm not able to replicate what you're seeing unfortunately.

Has anyone else who is reading this thread seen the issue with Action Tracking?

Kindest regards

Helen Barnes
Valued Contributor

I did TRIM Repair ( RM8 repair)

no success, the issue is still there.

Regards

Trusted Contributor

The only thing I can think of is that the user you're logging in as doesn't have permissions to do any Action Tracking stuff in HP RM 8.0?  But even then that kinda doesn't add up!

It's probably time to log a Support Call.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, it would be awesome if you could update this thread when you find out what the issue is.

Kindest regards

Helen Barnes
Super Advisor

Reviving this thread as the Dataport issue seems to have re-appeared in HPRM 8.2

HPE Expert

What Dataport issue is that?

The original issue reported here was that it was unable to open, I just tested on my 8.2 machine and it opens fine.

Ideally this would be better suited as a new thread, but flick me the details and I can chase it up.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Valued Contributor

Issue confirmed, I spotted a few days ago but I forgot to mention it. Checked again now, not working , the same/similar error as on the top of this thread. regards
Super Advisor

Cheers Greg

You can follow the Case: 4652048138 

Its the exact same issue outlined in this thread. 64bit OS and 32bit client seems to be the issue.

It is possible the dll needs to be registered in the correct location.

Check screen... Same issue on multiple machines here.. Have not tried a 64bit install as the 32bit client is the only one packaged.

HPE Expert

OK cheers, I replicated. 

Sending a request to R&D to investigate, but essentially (as you mentioned) the same issue as 8.00.

I've notified the support officer handling the case, they'll keep you in the loop from here.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Super Advisor

Thanks for that..

Trimport/Dataport is usually only used by a select few IM people.

Im guessing the workaround could be to also install the 64bit client with Dataport. Pity its all or nothing now instead of just installing that one feature.