Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

RM8.17517 and Global settings - error

Valued Contributor

RM8.17517 and Global settings - error

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Testing RM8.01.7517 freshly installed manually (used to have RM8.1.6703) Win7, MS Office 2010...

Login as average user, eg. Records-Coordinator.

Global settings were there yesterday when connectiing towards the previous 8.1 development server (which is also now upgraded to RM8.01.7517 otherwise not connecting) but now I do have this error:

Cannot write to the file \\www.department.blahblah\dfsroot\ MyDocuments-e.g.finance\007\Documents\TRIM\D7\
Configuration\frame_Administrator_7,6,1O5,and huge range of numbers 34.45.56.33.22etc. here ending with 66,68.cfg. The system cannot find the path specified.
(0x00000003).

in my network folder where the documents are (and other TRIM settings) I found similar CFG files but not Administrator, rather as

frame_Recordsmanager_7,6,1O5,and huge range of numbers here ending with 66,68.cfg (for my other live, test and Development datasets/environments, but not for the D7 folder ...

there are some called frameworker.cfg also not in D7...

What does all this mean?

I cannot apply global settings in my new RM8.1.7517

Thanks

17 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: RM8.17517 and Global settings - error

PerthRM8 wrote:

Cannot write to the file \\www.department.blahblah\dfsroot\ MyDocuments-e.g.finance\007\Documents\TRIM\D7\
Configuration\frame_Administrator_7,6,1O5,and huge range of numbers 34.45.56.33.22etc. here ending with 66,68.cfg. The system cannot find the path specified.
(0x00000003).

Can you run me through exactly when you receive this error? Does it happen when you first open the client.

i don't quite follow why there would be a web address in this UNC path or why it is pointing to a cfg file.

in any case, some more info about the steps followed and what is happening would be a  help here.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Valued Contributor

There are nothing much info... I just restarted my machine, logged on as Admin ... Global Settings were there for LIve environment , with icons stuffed up ..... as per: functions OK, but wrong icons totally...

Logged of again, loged as Average user and did Tools options get global and the same error popped up

Yes, the CFG is stored in our Mydocuments folder whichj is on the network ...

HPE Expert

Well it says cannot write to the file, do the users have permission to make shanges to that location?

You can test by navigating there and test creating a folder there.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Valued Contributor

We getting somewhere with these access things you'r mentioned:

from my admin machine/logon, within the folder D7  I can see the folder CONFIGURATION ...and the "frame_Admi nistrator" is there, without these loong stirng of the numbers ....

However, on my test machine , (logged as average user RM8.1 that folder Configuration does not exist at all ...

Would it be OK if i just create the folder manually and copy/paste the admin one cfg and reneme it to fit the description of the one asked by TRIM/ RM8.1?

regards

HPE Expert

I don't think that would work, plus you are better off finding the source of the issue rather than a bandaid solution.

Are you able to save the global settings as the admin? Try opening TRIM as the admin, making some changed and saving the Global setting again.

Then get global, first with the admin and then with your test user.

Valued Contributor

Yep, did not worked... cannot WRITE to that file...so there is an access issue..

I will try now to save new Global settings as you suggested.

thanks

Valued Contributor

Nope,

I've done it and still the same error ...then after I logged off as admin and logged on as average user I see in my folder Configuration for the dev folder D7 that 7-8 cfg files date modified were changed to 2 minutes ago date/tim,e, meaning they have been updated.

But, the system is still telling me that cannot write to this looong string frame_administrator.2.3.3.3.3.34.3.34343423233343434 etc.cfg file

the system cannot find the the path specified

and sure, that frame .cfg does not exist in the directory CONFIGURATION... there is no cfg's that starts with frame * ...

I did have quick look at the windows registries but could not find anything unusual ..

Regards'

HPE Expert

Re-install?

Valued Contributor

Hm..

I will aks on Monday here for that issue to be investigated, maybe to ask for re-install as well.

Thanks.

Frequent Advisor

I am also getting a similar error in our HPRM 8.11 7760 Dev/Test environment.

In the Event Log on the PC,

[22800] Cannot write to the file 'C:\Users\T52015\AppData\Roaming\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\21\Configuration\frame_Administrator_2,3,4,6,7,8,9,10,11,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,26,27,28,30,34,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,45,46,47,48,60,61,64,65,66,67,70,77,78,79,80,81,82,83,84,85,86,87,88,91,92,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,101,102,104,105,106,107,108.cfg'. The system cannot find the path specified. (0x00000003).

The problem is that HPRM is trying to write this hugely long filename which results in the path being too long and unable to be written.

When I check the behaviour under TRIM 7.12 2017, the filename that gets written in that path is 'frame_admin.cfg'.

Why is HPRM trying to write this filename as it appears? Why would HPRM be appending all those numbers separated by commas?

Frequent Advisor

Just to provide a bit more information - The attempt to write to this file occurs when closing the HPRM client.

This issue can also be replicated in our environment by trying to add a toolbar item and closing HPRM, it is not solely an issue related to the Get Globals process.

When logging in to the Workgroup server using a different AD account, the issue is not experienced. As a comparison, the filename saved in the relevant location on the server is 'frame_Administrator_95,97,105,107'cfg' and for another user account on the server which also does not experience the issue, the filename is 'frame_Administrator_107.cfg'

Frequent Advisor

We are also experiencing the same issue with some users.  Using same version of RM8.

Deleted the configuration folder in c:\users\userid\appdata\roaming\hewlett-packard\hp trim\DBID and the restarted RM8.  The configuration directory is recreated, but no frame_adminstrator config file.  Do a Get Global and the error appears.  The filename (with path) is 282 characters long,  the filename itself is 209 characters, if you manually try to create the file the name is truncated to 186 characters (incl ext).

In some cases error message does not appear, users just don't get global toolbar.

We are having major issues with the global toolbar not getting to users and for these users changes made to the toolbar are not being saved.  have logged a support call, waiting for a response.

Frequent Advisor

After further troubleshooting, I was able to narrow down the issue to our use of Custom User profiles. The extermely long filenames were being generated for user locations that were configured to "Use profile of" which was pointing to one of several Custom User profiles we have created. When I was logging in with another AD account which was setup to use one of the default User Types (Administrator, Records Coordinator etc.), the filename was much smaller and could be written successfully.

I has also logged this issue as a Support Request with HP and was provided with a link to a Hotfix which appears to resolve the issue related to the use of Custom Profiles.

Valued Contributor

Brilliant. Thanks a lot. This will help us very much.

In the meantime we upgraded RM8.1 to 7760.

I posted my issues with the icons and global settings, which seems to be an issue as well

regards

Super Advisor

Happen to fix this one??

Numbers are added to the frame_admin_nnn.cfg file for each change and this has increased the path name to 273 characters which causes a Windows error

I raised a case and got the hotfix mentioedn in this post but support are telling me it does not address this particular issue.. But does address other issues with RM8.1.1 #7760

Valued Contributor

not yet, in the process.

Frequent Advisor

Hi Jason,

Yes, that was the issue we were experiencing and it was resolved with the hotfix provided.

The hotfix filename was 53410-2015-3-17.zip

When I asked HP to provide details of the defect, they linked me here

The defect created for this Behaviour is CR#53816 and this is the link for more details: https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR2D53816