Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Record Types not displaying in Outlook

Frequent Advisor

Record Types not displaying in Outlook

Hi all,

We're getting an occasional issue where a user will click the 'catalogue' button from the Microsoft Outlook integration bar, but no Record Types will be displayed in the selection screen.  The problem is able to be resolved by restarting Outlook, but will then crop up a few days later.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, or is able to provide any suggestion as to a longer-term fix?  I suspect that it has something to do with the TRIM integration losing connection to TRIM (which is refreshed when Outlook is re-started), but it's difficult to pin down because it happens intermittently (though once it happens it is persistant until Outlook is restarted).

We're using Outlook 2010 and TRIM 7.3.3

Cheers,

Michael

3 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: Record Types not displaying in Outlook

You could also try disconnecting from the dataset and rejoining. Might be a little easier than refreshing your outlook.

You can do that from the dataset options in the toolbar

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Frequent Advisor

True.  I'll suggest that next time it happens.

Any ideas about a longer-term fix?

HPE Expert

Unfortunately the only thing would be to upgrade, I was a problem in 7.3 i haven't heard of it happening in RM 8

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**