Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Records entered where creator or manager location reads "No Information Available"

Records entered where creator or manager location reads "No Information Available"

We are seeing random recors where creator, manager, and even assignee locations read "No Information Available". When these are found the user cannot edit the metadata to add the correction person. They end up deleting and re-entering the records. Screen shot attached.

1) What would cause this to happen?

2) How do I do a search to find the oens that look like this?

3) Why can't we edit the locations on these records? Or how can we do it?

Thanks,
Diana

4 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Records entered where creator or manager location reads "No Information Available"

[ Edited ]

I have seen this when the location that was the creator, assignee etc has been deleted.

You can also have entries that are "Missing" or entries that appear as 'People' that are not in the Dataset

Normally this can't be done in the Trim client without specifiying a replacement location,

but I think it can happen if

•  There was an upgraded from really old version of Trim (like captura - this is what I had)
  •  Importing record from other systems where they didnt specifiy these values
  •  There has been 'maintenance" at the database level

You can confirm this by getting a Database Administratorto run a query on the TSRECLOC table in TRIM and seeing which records do not have entries for the rlLoctype of 0 (Assignee) 1 (Owner) 2 (Home) 3 (Creator) etc, or the location uri that the TSRECLOC entries points to does not exist (rlLocUri is not in TSLOCATION - these would be the 'missing' entries

You can put back some locations by find the record in Trim and seeting an Assignee, Owner etc but creator is an issue.  for the entries that are not in the Dataset (those that appear as people) the rlDescription in tsrecloc field may refer to something useful to help you determine which real location you can update the record to.

note when a record is enclosed in a container the rlLocUri is 0 for assignee and home.

HPE Expert

Re: Records entered where creator or manager location reads "No Information Available"

I saw something similar at a site once where the users had received an error message part-way through record creation (e.g. a database constraint error), then finished creating the record anyway.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/

Looking at both offerings has lead me to a few more questions..

Neil - would I expect the users to see a message through the client? Users are running v 7.0.2.1621. I've seen some interesting errors that look like referential integrity errors on the server event viewer, but none that correlate to records with missing location information.

Regarding the SQL query, I thought that was going to be an easy one - not really. TSRECLOC.rlLocType can be 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4, but not all record types require all to be completed. If it's empty the rlLocUri is 0.

As an experiment in my test environment I queried a record that had all it's proper entries and started playing with the Creator entry (3). If I changed the rlLocUri field to 0, it was ok with that. If I deleted the whole row, then I was able to recreate the subject error message.

SQL not being my strongest suit, I'm a little hung up on how find the erroneous records. Here's what I was toying with...any additional suggestions are most welcome.

SELECT     TSRECORD.recordId, TSRECLOC.rlLocType, TSRECLOC.rlLocUri, TSLOCATION.lcSrchName, TSRECORD.creationDateTime,

TSLOCPERSO.lpSurname
FROM         TSRECORD INNER JOIN
                      TSRECLOC ON TSRECORD.uri = TSRECLOC.rlRecUri INNER JOIN
                      TSLOCATION ON TSRECLOC.rlLocUri = TSLOCATION.uri INNER JOIN
                      TSLOCPERSO ON TSLOCATION.uri = TSLOCPERSO.lpLocUri

ORDER BY TSRECORD.creationDateTime DESC

HPE Expert

Diana McMullin wrote:

...Neil - would I expect the users to see a message through the client? Users are running v 7.0.2.1621. I've seen some interesting errors that look like referential integrity errors on the server event viewer, but none that correlate to records with missing location information.

At the site where I saw this happening, the users did get errors during record creation, but they'd been clicking OK and just continuing with the record creation without reporting the errors to anyone.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event