Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reference in the deployment does not match the identity defined in the application manifest.

Reference in the deployment does not match the identity defined in the application manifest.

Hi folks.  Just dipping my toe into ECM 9.0.  I've installed it on one desktop (VM) and one citrix server now, and I get the same error each time when I try to run MS Word. 

"Reference in the deployment does not match the identity defined in the application manifest"

And a pop-up with an error message pointing to

file:///D:/Program Files (x86)/HEwlett Packard Enterprise/Content Manager/HP.HPRM.OfficeIntegration.Word.vsto

I've tried a couple of obvious things - I disabled the plugin, ran word to let it do its registry things, then re-enabled the plugin and tried again.  Same result.  There's a pause while it loads the HPE Content Manager Plugin, then boom.   Word still runs, but with the plugin disabled.   As far as I can see, the actual ECM client runs ok (although I haven't tested it a lot)

I've attached a screenshot.

Has anyone else seen this?  I've tried installing with and without the VS runtime re-reqs, I've also tried updating with Patch 2, no luck.   All of the instructions that I see online for dealing with an error like this presume that it's an application that I'm packaging myself, not one that I've downloaded and installed.

I'll wait and see what comes back before sending this to HP support.

Thanks!

Matt

1 REPLY
HPE Expert

Re: Reference in the deployment does not match the identity defined in the application manifest.

Are you hooked up to the web? Sounds like it might be having some issues signing the certificate. There was a post from last week that had a similar problem:

https://community.hpe.com/t5/HPE-Content-Manager-HPE-RM/HPE-CM-9-0-0-Build-201/m-p/6915275#M4809

the last 2 posts, adding the certificate to the installers list seemed to work for them.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event