Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Role of settings.ini in TRIM 7.1?

Advisor

Role of settings.ini in TRIM 7.1?

Hello,

I'm recently new to the user settings changes in 7.1 from 6.24. From what I've read, some, but not all, user settings are now stored in the database.  There are also set of .cfg files stored locally on the PC that are in XML format? So what role does the settings.ini file now play?

Are the settings retrieved from the database, stored in the CFG in XML format, and then imported into the settings.ini?

Our current system is configured so that the settings.ini file is sitting on a C:\TRIM location, such that if I log onto a different machine, I will be using the settings.ini on that machine.

2 REPLIES
Advisor

Re: Role of settings.ini in TRIM 7.1?

Apologies, not sure my questions was clear.

What is the flow of user settings from Database >> local CFG files >> Settings.ini, and where does HKEY_Current_User fit into it.

Why do I get another users config when I log into their machine?
Advisor

Re: Role of settings.ini in TRIM 7.1?

[ Edited ]

We a use the reg key settings here for our end users.  I have set the look and feel for all record types, toolbars, View pane fields and columns as a custom setting.  This was much easier to control when we were on 6.25. We upgraded to TRIM 7.1.1 1821 in March and it has been a challenge to update the settings.  The Get Global function works a lot better then they used to so we are using this as  a work around in the meantime.  The Settings in our current version use a combination of REg KEy and CFG files

H:\WIN2K\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\PR\Configuration

Our cfg files are stored on the network and path above.  Our Reg key is much harder to control as in Windows 7 it is all locked down due to group policy.  i am in the process of getting access so I can test my reg key settings.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event