Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Scheduling IDOL Indexing job to run

Occasional Contributor

Scheduling IDOL Indexing job to run

We are having issues with records being indexed.  I wanted to know if there was a way to schedule the IDOl index job to run over the weekend for the past week?  I was thinking of a scheduled task to run a batch file, unless there is a better method.  If so what do I need to specify in the batch file?

3 REPLIES
Respected Contributor

Re: Scheduling IDOL Indexing job to run

Ken I had the same pain using IDOL ( the weekist link of RM), even on 16 GB dedicated machine I just could not reindex about 1.8 M records for days and days. I finally switched back to Table based indexed and leaving the Content Only using this IDOL crap. I seriously think, IDOL is one of the factors Customers have dissatisfaction with RM because its a pain.  Since I moved it back to DB Tables, I have no issues at all.

Good luck with you potential solution, if you make it working for several days without fail please post your suggestions and findings.

Cheers,
Harry
Occasional Contributor

Harry,

Thanks for your response.  I am new to HP Records Manager.   We do not currently have many records in the system, but I figured If I could run it on the weekend to catch the past weeks records, it should not run that long.  Is there a way to set up the job to run by a scheduled task?

Thanks,

Respected Contributor

The easiest would be to create two Batch files one for Start and one for Stop using Net Start and Net Stop command and run it from your Windows Tasks Manager scheduler. I have tested the script save these as bat extensions (assuming you have HPE Records Manager , please check your Windows Server name and replace if needed. Test these on your DEV or TEST env first. 

You can place this Service batch file anywhere accessible and from Windows Task scheduler.

------ Service Start - Batch Script file text that you can use to create a bat file ---

REM  - Please adjust the Service Name according to your Windows Service Name in net start command. 

Echo "Starting IDOL Content Service ... "
net start "HPE Content Manager IDOL Service"

timeout /t 120

Echo "Starting IDOL Content Service 1 ... "
net start "HPE Content Manager IDOL Content Service 1"

REM - Here you can do all fancy status checking etc and even logging the out to see if it was successful or not.

--------------------------------------------------------

-- Service Stop Script - this should be in a separate file to Stop the Service. 

Echo "Stopping IDOL Content Service 1 ... "
net stop "HPE Content Manager IDOL Content Service 1"

REM - Leave the IDOL Service running for user to still use for Query and Search.

REM - Here you can do all fancy status checking etc and even logging the out to see if it was successful or not.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers,
Harry