Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Search for person locations based on caveat held?

Valued Contributor

Search for person locations based on caveat held?

Is there a way to do this?  One of the Trim administrators would like to be able to get a list of each person that has a specific caveat, but I couldn't find a way to do this.  A post from almost a year ago seems to indicate the client has no such search capability, but I was wondering if this changed and perhaps Trim 7.x supports this type of search?  If not, what would be the appropriate SQL query to use instead?  Thank you in advance for any information that can be provided.

3 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Search for person locations based on caveat held?

You can't do this through the interface and it's not easy through the database.  Easiest way would either to be to export all the locations through TRIMPort and scan through the export file (caveats will be in a column)... or through the VB SDK code included below:

Dim tCaveat As TRIMSDK.SecurityCaveat
Dim tDatabase As New TRIMSDK.Database
tDatabase.Connect
Set tCaveat = tDatabase.GetSecurityCaveat("My Caveat")
Dim tLocations As TRIMSDK.Locations
Set tLocations = tDatabase.MakeLocations
tLocations.SelectAll
Dim tLocation As TRIMSDK.Location
Set tLocation = tLocations.Next
Do While (Not tLocation Is Nothing)
If (tLocation.IsCaveatOn(tCaveat)) Then
'' has the caveat
End If
Set tLocation = tLocations.Next
Loop

Valued Contributor

If your not into coding, then add the 'security' column to TRIM when looking at the locations.

This will show caveats and security levels against the locations displayed.

Tag all, copy, paste to excel then split the column based on comma or simply use the "find" function.

Valued Contributor

Thank you both for your suggestions.  I've sent in an enhancement request for this, but until then it might be easiest for us to paste into Excel and use a "contains text" filter to show the people that have a specific caveat.