Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Searching Attachments..

Occasional Advisor

Searching Attachments..

Hi,

Is there any search in TRIM which searches the sites crawled ?

Ex.- if i have msn.com site crawled and kept in my DB, i want to search all the contents of that page, including words, links etc. Also if these links contains any attachments I want to download that as well.

Is this possible ?

Apart from this, I have an email with attachment which is added to DB.

Is it possible to search any word or anything out of that attachment ?

3 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: Searching Attachments..

Definitely in the latest release the content index does index the email attachments if they are a valid type e.g. not an image file.

As for sites crawled, with the basic TRIM dataset unless each page and linked document is in TRIM as a separate document then the search will not bring those results.

If you are using WCM I don't know, will leave others to comment.

Honored Contributor

TRIMPSL wrote:

Hi,

Is there any search in TRIM which searches the sites crawled ?

Ex.- if i have msn.com site crawled and kept in my DB, i want to search all the contents of that page, including words, links etc. Also if these links contains any attachments I want to download that as well.

Is this possible ?

Any metadata or content that is compatible with the Document Content Indexing (ISYS Search engine) will be fully searchable.

There is no automatic method to 'crawl' a site using TRIM, you would need to use another product to do this. It's not really a records management process to do this, as you would normally use a web content management system to store and manage a web site instead.

TRIM has a web product called WCM (Web Content Management), which allows a site to be created and managed correctly while having the ability to pull metadata and documents from TRIM and saving specific content back into the TRIM dataset.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

Kapish.com.au
Occasional Advisor

Hey thanks both of you :smileyhappy: