Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Searching on Assignee Change

Frequent Advisor

Searching on Assignee Change

Hi, hoping someone may be able to provide some advice.  Using RM8.1 we are trying to do a search to show all records that were assigned to a particular location during a certain period.  I can do an Audit Event search and bring back the events associated with this but I need to get a list of records, not events.

When I try to do a search such as audit:[type:AssigneeChanged and date:Year to date] I get not records returning (even though there should be quite a few).  Any of the 'Active Audit Event' searches against records return no results.

So what we want to achieve is to return a list of records that was assigned to a location at a point in time,  the assignnee now may well be something different but at some point during the specified period the assignnee would have been the person we nominate.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Searching on Assignee Change

you need to search on events and potentially return multiple events for the same record (As there may be multiple assignee changes for that record in the period)

so this String search should work if there were assignee changes to you this year.

type:"Current Location Changed" and date:2015 and changedTo:"Advisor, Jamie"

Honored Contributor

if you not fussed about the fact there may be multiple assignee changes for the same record in the period an you just want to know if the person has been an assignee at some point in the period, then you can get a list of records from this record string search :-

audit:[type:"Current Location Changed" and date:2015 and changedTo:"Advisor, Jamie"]

Frequent Advisor

Rich_Kid, thanks for the replies but 'CurrentLocationChanged' is not a valid value (or so RM8 tells me).  I have put the following:

audit:[type:AssigneeChanged and date:2015 and changedTo:197632]

But it returns no results, even though I know there are result.

Thanks

Honored Contributor

ah, missed the bit about RM8 (sorry).

I still live mostly in '7' land.

Just looked on an old RM8 box (8.01) I have lying around and I can't refine any search by the Event type, either through a string search or using other search options and the filters interface. Time to try a later version of RM8 and see if its me or trim!

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event