Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Security levels and caveats on positions - TRIM 7.01

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Advisor

Security levels and caveats on positions - TRIM 7.01

An easy one for Friday afternoon. Do security levels and caveats that are applied to positions filter down to the people in those positions. I have done a few tests and it seems not.

6 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Security levels and caveats on positions - TRIM 7.01

While they should, they do not :smileysad:

Advisor

Yes they should. Thanks for quick reply

Honored Contributor

Each individual Location still has its own Profile information.

You can configure the Location that is a Member Of the Position to 'Use Profile Of' and select the Position Location.

Locations never inherit profile information unless you specifically select this option.

I suggest using this functionality to achieve what you require. :smileyhappy:

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

Kapish.com.au

What is the real VALUE of using positions in TRIM? Interested in other people's thoughts/experiences.

When creating a New TRIM Location the order is...New Organisation then New Person then New Position.

:smileywink:

HPE Expert

Using Positions can save some administration, e.g. when creating actions or workflow you can nominate a position rather than a person. That way when a person leaves you don't have to modify all your action/workflow templates.

Positions are also useful for things like access control, where nominating a position for something like "View document" allows anyone in that position to view it.

Functionality aside, it can be helpful for users to find out what a person's position is, e.g. like an internal directory.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Regular Visitor

Any suggestion if we need to set up user security profiles with customised permissions, while remain the flexibility of  caveats? "User Profile Of" does not seem to provide such function.