Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Should we have multiple people under the one position?

Occasional Contributor

Should we have multiple people under the one position?

Hi,

I would like some thoughts on how people have set up their locations in TRIM please. What is the best practice? To have a position and position number for the staff member or have multiple staff under the one general position e.g 5 'Records officers' under the one position location or individual position locations for each staff member?

Thanks!

1 REPLY
HPE Expert

Re: Should we have multiple people under the one position?

It seems a bit onerous to create a unique position for each staff member. I think if an action is assigned to a position in TRIM, the record appears in each person's due tray who belongs to that position. Also I think Workflow activities that are assigned to a position can be "acquired" by any person within that position. Access controls would probably get over complex to define also if each person had their own position...just food for thought.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/