Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

TRIM 6.2.3 1147 - Ability to hide a record type from search function record types filter list

Valued Contributor

TRIM 6.2.3 1147 - Ability to hide a record type from search function record types filter list

Hi All,

I have recently created a record type to transfer electronic records that have been marked for deletion, based on a scheduled distruction period.  This record type is to be used by the records manager only. My question is: Can a record type be hidden from the users records search filter options?

I have added the records manager to the access controls of the record type (can use; can update; can modify; can delete) but users across the agency can see the record type in the search window - filter option.

Can anyone advise. Thank you.

3 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: TRIM 6.2.3 1147 - Ability to hide a record type from search function record types filter list

Hi Yuri

Go into Tools - Record - Record Types and Default Access - change settings to a specific group or person.

Honored Contributor

Re: TRIM 6.2.3 1147 - Ability to hide a record type from search function record types filter list

actually, go into the Record Type (Tools, Records, Record Type, then double click the Record Type to get to it's Properties), then click the Access Control tab, then for the "Can Use", set it to the group and/or persons that you want to be able to use this Record Type format. 

Now understand, people would be able to still search for records of this type, they just can't create records of this type.  Thus, the above reply concerning the Default Access Controls, apply.

Valued Contributor

Thanks guys.

It looks like at this point TRIM does not have the ability to restrict the view of records types through the records filter section.  This can be a problem in organisations that have more than 10 record types.

Maybe this can be an enhacement request.

Cheers.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event