Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

TRIM 6.2.3 1147 - Is there a way to automatically clear the doc cache?

Valued Contributor

TRIM 6.2.3 1147 - Is there a way to automatically clear the doc cache?

Hi All, 

I was wondering if anyone knows how the local cache functionality (client) works in TRIM 6.2.3 1147 and in which order does the application clears the cache once it has reached the set limit.

Our agency is exceeding the cache quota (set to 80mb) when users open documents thar are larger than 50mb (we have over 4 million documents and some exceed the 30mb mark). If the user opens small size documents (200KB to 1MB), the cache can hold up to 300 objects, however if the user opens an scanned document that is larger than 30mb, then this pushes the cache quota limits and stays over the limit until the earlier documents, either viewed or registered are cleared from the cache. This could take weeks depending on the use of the application by the user. This creates a problem when the local cache resides in network drives, and a Citrix environments are in place. 

Is there a way to automatically clear the cache through TRIM without manually running through the user options > cache?

2 REPLIES
Frequent Advisor

Re: TRIM 6.2.3 1147 - Is there a way to automatically clear the doc cache?

Hi Yuri

Have you thought about actually 'disabling' the cache?  Because, with files that size the benefits of using local cache is minimal.

Cheers,

TOTinQLD

HPE Expert

Re: TRIM 6.2.3 1147 - Is there a way to automatically clear the doc cache?

Yuri Prado wrote:

"...This creates a problem when the local cache resides in network drives..."

The TRIM Local Application data path should be left on the local C drive of the machine. It's for temporary and cached files to improve performance of the TRIM client. Putting the local cache on a network drive defeats the purpose of having a local cache.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/