Search instead for 
Do you mean 

TRIM 7.32 Application Crash when using preview pane for some XLSX files

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Esteemed Contributor

TRIM 7.32 Application Crash when using preview pane for some XLSX files

Hi

I have noted that in TRIM 7.3 a user can experience an application crash when using the preview pane in some circumstances.

It seems to be related to larger xlsx files. It is not all the time but does occur regularly enough in my environment.

TRIM 7.32 5511 both client and server updated.

Win 7 32 bit

The following is reported in the windows event log.

Anyone else who can test large xlsx files using preview pane in TRIM 7.3?

Faulting application name: TRIM.exe, version: 7.3.2.5511, time stamp: 0x51709dd4

Faulting module name: MSVCR90.dll, version: 9.0.30729.6161, time stamp: 0x4dace5b9

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0003734d

Faulting process id: 0x14f8

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce56a8788d5a3d

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\TRIM.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161_none_50934f2ebcb7eb57\MSVCR90.dll

Report Id: a3e1466d-c29c-11e2-8f71-10604b85e8e7

3 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: TRIM 7.32 Application Crash when using preview pane for some XLSX files

What do you mean by 'large'?

I've tried with a 22MB xlsx with about 320,00 rows and no crash. Admittedly TRIM does use about 850MB of memory when previewing it. Doesn't sound ideal when Excel only uses a bit over 100MB memory for the same file...

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Neil

This is not consistent but it is could be related to the present of graphs. It crashed on an xlsx file with 396kb. I have a support call open and have provided an example of a file which can crash in our environment.

HPE Expert

Hi Joshua,

There seems to be a known issue with the Keyview viewer (TRIM 7.2+) where it can occasionally hiccup when trying to preview Excel documents in the preview pane. There's an internal CR for this (47100). It appears that in the next release of TRIM they intend to display a message in the preview pane for Excel documents asking the user to double-click the record to view it. This will be until someone's had a chance to fix the issue properly in Keyview.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/