Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

TRIM 7.34+: Intuitive Auto-detection of Containers for Users, Bulk Import of Files

Frequent Advisor

TRIM 7.34+: Intuitive Auto-detection of Containers for Users, Bulk Import of Files

[ Edited ]

I understand that an additional HPRM8 module is to be released that will assist with the auto-detection of containers records go into, by leveraging IDOL capabilties (probably Enterprise IDOL).

Has anyone come up with any other ways of decreasing the effort required by a user to fill in the form required to catalogue records?

There is document queuing that could be set up, though based on Outlook Linked Folders (which I understand from observation use document queues, or at least did?), and the Document Queues being machine-bound, that has never made a lot of sense to me. There are countless machine-bound queues still in place from the last hardware replacement.

Any other ideas?

I think the user basically want to lodge a lot files of the same Record Type to TRIM without having to go through and fill in the form every time. The only mandatory field in the form is container, so I'm assuming that's the bugbear.

3 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: TRIM 7.34+: Intuitive Auto-detection of Containers for Users, Bulk Import of Files

There are a couple of options:

You could setup dropped files from the user options, this allows you to set a record type, container and suppress the record entry form.

Also you can setup document queues as well, basically the same as above except you link it to a folder in Windows explorer. All the records added to that folder will be created with the same record type and can be registered to the same container.

Document queues are created in the RM client.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
HPE Expert

Re: TRIM 7.34+: Intuitive Auto-detection of Containers for Users, Bulk Import of Files

TRIMCat wrote:

"...Has anyone come up with any other ways of decreasing the effort required by a user to fill in the form required to catalogue records?..."

Remove all fields except Container and title from the entry form? Visual overload can make it look too complex and scare people away from trying. Teach them how to look in their recent containers and favourite records trays, and use drop-down lists. Often it's not because they don't know which container something belongs in; it's just that they think it's too hard to find it in a search.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Frequent Advisor

TRIMCat there are lots of great tools that have been developed by HP Development Partners.  TRIM Explorer from Kapish, Diem from iCognition.  Both of these tools allow you to quickly get documents into TRIM with a little less pain than using TRIM/RM8.  Both organisations also have folder creation tools.